Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LSV Ballast..

Default LSV Ballast..

I posted some about this in Wakesurfing forum too..

Last night we went out for a quick wakeboard trip and a little surfing.. my guest is a ballast junkie.. my 1200 wasnt enough for him so he brought 2 300lb sacs. we filled both and put them on the front seats. As many of you have learned, the LSV loves more weight forward.
    I had been running 750's in the rear but had changed to 400s this year due to the fact that I wanted to be able to fill them full evenly and never used all 750 unless surfing.. once ran 750's full with extra 300 upfront and it was not balanced well..
    So.. 400 in each rear locker, center locker full with 400 and 600ish up front.
    best wakeboard wake so far in my boat.. I know some have put in the integrated bow sac's and love them. that might be my next endeavor..
    But I do also know that some have run the 750s with the bow sac too.
    I can say that my boat handled better with 800 in the rear instead of 1500..
    Out of the hole was great...
    My ballast junkie friend likes to ride around 80' and at 22.5 the wake was clean at 80'...
    Just an observation I wanted to share..
    For me.. too much in the rear of the boat makes it real sluggish.. it planes faster with more in the bow and the wake is longer.. (same for surfing too.) see post in surf forum
    Brad

2011 Launch 21V Sold... boatless replaced with a Jeep JKUR
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV sold
    2004 Outback sold

Brad, thanks for the info. We just moved up from an '02 LSV with not ballast to an '07 with Gravity III with 400 pound sacks in the rear. I also have a spare rear seat sac and tsunami pump I might put on the floor in the bow to see what it does. Your information is great to help us get our boat set up right.

With 3 kids my wife and all my grillin hardware using the bow storage are for ballast might be tough. I also take to much stuff on board and I am an organization freak. I might put two small sacks on each side of the bow and keep the area under the front cushion open for storage. I have been talking with Spencer from WakeMAKERS about some options. Another option is an integrated bow sack but with shorter legs. This way I keep some of the storage space, but still get a lot weight up front.

Even with the intergrated bow sack, it's not enough weight in the front to handle the 750s full in the rear. I run the bow sac, ski locker, and another 150lb sac in the bow and can only fill the 750s about 2/3 full. I need at least another 400 to 500lbs to flll the 750s.

Red face

Would I be better off getting the 565 lb. gg sacs instead of the 750's?

I have one of the triangle sac's for the bow which they say is 1k. And with stock bags and 270 in lead in each rear locker I run a 750 across the floor in front of my back seat.

My thought was the 750's would let me do away with the lead and 750 across the floor? I could put a 400 pro-x sac on the floor instead of the 750 if needed ?

Everybody say's get the 750's but then say they never fill them all the way? So seems like the 565 GG sac's might be a better choice.

Disclaimer I'm not good enough to need all that weight but I have a lot of friends that make good use of it. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Ed G View Post
    make sure to shop around. Unless your getting a huge discount, Wakemakers ain't the cheapest place for ballast.
    Hey Ed, thanks for the feedback. Retailers are limited as to how much they can advertise Fly High's products for, so the pricing listed on various sites should be identical. That doesn't mean we can't work with people that contact us, and we want to be a valuable asset for the community, so we're definitely willing to do that.

If there is someone else with significantly lower pricing, let me know so we can revamp our policies to stay competitive.

i just got the 750's over the winter & haven't tried them yet, but for wakeboarding, the set up i had last year was the gravity 3 and the integrated bow sac - made a pretty good wake, but not exactly what i was looking for. i also tried the 1100lb bow sac both in the bow and in the center common area in addition to the gravity 3. if you don't have the wakeboard prop - the lsv is a slug. i thought 1100lbs up front was way too much with only 800 in the rear and 400 in the center.

so this year, 750's in the rear, 400 in the center and 600 up front. add a couple peeps in the boat and it should make for a giant wake - i can only imagine what my gas bill will be.

You guys got me thinkin about how i have my lsv set up....And you cost me money!

I just ordered a fly high bow sac...I had been boarding with 2-750's full in the back and the ski locker full with a 400 pounder movin around in the bow.

i figure the bow sac should balance things out better than the 400 pounder even if i just fill it up to say 800- that just seems like a lot of weight so we will see....also i know im gonna have to break down and buy a oj xmp now so i get some more power.

so my credit card company thanks you and hopefully I will as soon as i Surf/Board behind it!
    ________
    CB450DX-K
    Last edited by ajmoritz17; 01-22-2011 at 03:35 AM.

Aj, yes i also know about this board costing me some cash. Get the wakeboard prop-its worth it when loaded down. With running about 1900lb of surf ballast i can jump up on plane with no slugishness at all-of course the boat looks funny im sure with all that ballast on one side-Ive got just a little bit of a lean.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

what prop exactly is it that i need? i think i had it written down at one point....also cheapest place to find it?
    ________
    Yamaha DT175
    Last edited by ajmoritz17; 01-22-2011 at 03:35 AM.

I think the 14.25 X 14.25 is the dim. When you put more weight in the bow it helps it plane out better. I run about 3k in mine with the upgraded prop and it does fine. You will need to ride faster with more weight !