Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 03 Moomba Mobias Balast won't drain

I recently bought an 03 Mobias LSV, took it out for its maiden voyage the other day, checking everything out, I could not get the ballast to drain. It obviously filled alright, when filling it up, it was over flowing out the drain, so I assume everything is hooked up correctly. I can hear the pump kick on, but no water pumps out. Any help would be appreciated!

I have that problem sometimes with my rear sacks. Sometimes you have to turn on the switch and lift up and down on the front of the bags a few times....just a little....to get the water rocking front to back. Air builds up in the lines and wont allow the water to get sucked out. It's kinda like when you siphon liquid....once you get it going, it goes!

Are the drain pumps on your bags connected directly to them, or is there a short section of hose between the pump and the bag?

We're working on a solution to this, and hope to have something shortly.

Sled491 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by jasonwm View Post
    Are the drain pumps on your bags connected directly to them, or is there a short section of hose between the pump and the bag?

We're working on a solution to this, and hope to have something shortly.
    Man you are everywhere Keep up the good work!

Sorry for delay, haven't been able to get to working on the boat yet. I think I have told you all the wrong model. I have a plastic molded tank in the rear that the seat sits on top of. I don't see anyway to drain the tank. I can slide my hand down into one of the "seat" holes and feel the pump. It runs, but just doesn't drain. Is there a trick to getting the water started to drain?

Any ideas on how to drain this ballast?

I have an 03 LSV and had the same problem.....not anymore.

I'm not sure of your set-up but I had two drain pumps that fed to one thru-hull. The two hoses combined and then were pumped out of one hole. My bags were very hard to drain and I spent a lot of time lifting up on the bags trying to get the pumps to pick up. I would eventually muscle the bags over the edge and pour them out manually.

The first thing to check is obviously the pumps. Take them out and test them in a bucket of water to make sure they are pumping correctly. Second, check the lines to see if there is any trash. Lastly, check the power to the pumps from your switches....make sure you have 12-13 volts going to the pumps. I did all of this.....still wasn't pumping out correctly.

So....I drilled another thru-hull in my boat. Now, my left bag drains to the left and my right bag to the right. I separated the bags to drain independently and I haven't had a problem since. You still have to make sure the pumps are primed but I don't muscle the bags anymore.

Well, Ive never seen a moomba with a hard ballast tank, so Im kinda at a loss to offer any idea's at this time. Can you take a photo of this tank?
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

I can get pictures if needed, please check out my other thread.

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?t=7853

I got the ballast drained, but the setup doesn't make any sense to me. I wonder if prior owner made changes.

Sled491 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by moombadaze View Post
    Well, Ive never seen a moomba with a hard ballast tank, so Im kinda at a loss to offer any idea's at this time. Can you take a photo of this tank?
    This is what the LS has, check with Z. This is what he has under the back seat