Default How do I summerize?

I have an 04 Mobius LSV. I've always just taken it to the dealer for winterize and summerize. Well, I'm tired of shelling out the money. I had the boat shrinkwrapped.

Can someone direct me to detailed instructions on what exactly I need to do? What tools do I need to buy? Thanks!

Sled491 Guest

Should not need any special tools. First, find the threads on the fake a lake and build one. What did the dealer do for winterization? Oil change, Impellor change, etc. If those are taken care of, you just need to reattatch all your coolant hoses, check your battery and hook up your fake a lake and fire her up.

However if you need to change out your impellor and change your oil it gets a tiny bit more involved.

Where do I hook up the fake-a-lake? There are 2 water inlets under the boat. When standing behind the boat.....do I want the one to my right, or the one to my left? Thanks!

Allright, I got my fake-a-lake made. Used a coupler that allows me to connect it to the hose without having to spin the whole plunger assembly to the hose. It's a quick disconnect that I can thread onto the hose, then snap onto the fake-a-lake.

Now.....which intake on the bottom of my boat do I put it on!!!!???

also make sure your belt is tight. Some people (like me) loosen the belt so it doesn't sit all winter with tension on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Red66gt View Post
    Allright, I got my fake-a-lake made. Used a coupler that allows me to connect it to the hose without having to spin the whole plunger assembly to the hose. It's a quick disconnect that I can thread onto the hose, then snap onto the fake-a-lake.

Now.....which intake on the bottom of my boat do I put it on!!!!???
    On my 02LSV it is on the Port side. It should be easliy to determine, look at your hoses and see which inlet is feeding your VDrive, that would be your fresh inlet water for cooling. The other one would be your ballast system.
    2014 Mojo Surf
    2013 Mojo Sold
    2010 LSV Sold
    2002 OB LSV Sold

I tried to follow the hoses, but they duck under and I cant follow them. I'll try the port side. Thanks!!!

I dont think they have change things, there should be 2 large hoses on the vdrive. One will go down to the fresh water inlet for cooling. The other will head toward the engine. The path is Inlet, Vdrive, transmission Cooler, fresh water impeller.

I hook a hose to my vdrive as to the plunger setup. Within a few minutes I had water coming out the exhaust without the engine running.

Here is mine and where I hook it up.. Tracing back would be the fresh water inlet..
    https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?t=7449&page=2
    Last edited by mcdye; 05-18-2009 at 02:30 PM.
    2014 Mojo Surf
    2013 Mojo Sold
    2010 LSV Sold
    2002 OB LSV Sold

Perfect! Thanks guys!

Quote Originally Posted by Red66gt View Post
    I have an 04 Mobius LSV. I've always just taken it to the dealer for winterize and summerize. Well, I'm tired of shelling out the money. I had the boat shrinkwrapped.

Can someone direct me to detailed instructions on what exactly I need to do? What tools do I need to buy? Thanks!
    Review the post below. It has detailed instructions on how to winterize. Just reverse the process to summerize. Don't forget to look for the muffler drain plug if you didn't winterize it yourself.

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread....ation+improved
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV