Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

That is what i plan on doing moving the 400# sac to the front. At the moment since the only free time i have is being able to spend on the lake instead of modding my ballast. I have been just using the 750 in the walkway and filling to however full it can get. I can say the wake has gotten a whole lot bigger and the planes out so much easier. The only problem I am going to have to figure out is how to fill that 400# sac w/o spilling water since the connections are on the side instead of the top like the 750# fly high sac i have. I might make an extension fill hose for it. Just have to wait another two weeks before I can go home start my summer/boat projects.
    07 Moomba Outback

Quote Originally Posted by Limishowman3 View Post
    I might make an extension fill hose for it. Just have to wait another two weeks before I can go home start my summer/boat projects.
    Another option would be to purchase Fly High's Check Valve Fitting, that will prevent water from spilling also (but will cost more than the few feet of hose you would need to extend the filler above the top of the bag).

I rec'd the replacement bag yesterday and its the same as what I had rec'd originally, which makes me think that I rec'd the correct size from the get-go. Either way I’ve decided that I want to keep this bag, as its still about twice the size of what I previously had, and it fits the area perfect.

I stopped at Lowes today and picked up some of the misc. plumbing parts I'll need to complete my project, and I'm placing my WakeMakers.com order this evening. I'm pretty excited to get this project underway.
    2013 Outback V

I'm still undecided on the bag - I think I'm still want the 20x20x60, as originally advertised. The 12x20x60 fits perfectly, but its just not the weight I wanted. I emailed the seller to see if he can physically measure and find an actual 20x20x60 - if not I'll use this for now and eventually pick up a FlyHigh 20x20x50. The 60" width just fits so perfectly, I really hope I can get the larger size.

Anyway, I decided to install the 12x20x60 to see how it looked when full of water, so here is how I did it.

First things first, I ordered 3 male Flo-Rite threaded connectors from WakeMakers (Great company, fast shipping, great price!!!). At their reccomendation I went to Lowes and bought 3 threaded to barb fittings, as there isn't a male Flo-Rite to barb fitting.

For the fill I used the "waterbed" fitting that came with my sac, and threaded one of the Flo-Rite connectors to it. I didn't have to extend the factory fill hose at all, it was in the perfect spot:

With the vent I used one of my adaped fittings, and again didn't have to extend, it worked out perfectly:

For the drain I decided to use the center fitting on the sac. To do this I just had to make an extension hose to run from the center of the sac to the factory drain. I used another one of the adapted fittings to plug in to the factory drain:

On the other end of the extension hose I just used a 3/4" barb elbow to connect to the sac:

*****All these pictures were taken in my 'testing' phase. I know that I need to add clamps to all the lines, I just wanted to make sure everything fit correctly before I clamped it all down. I also worked the barb fittings further into the hoses, I was just antsy when taking the pics.*****

All in all I'm really happy with the setup, but I do want more weight back there. With this in the back the boat basically will not plane, so my next project is to move the factory 400lb bag that came in the back of the boat up to front walk through. I'm hoping to plumb it the same way, using all the factory quick-release fittings. I'll also need to add another pump and all that.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2013 Outback V

And this is how it looks completely full:

There is a definately noticeable improvement in the size of the wake, but again, never enough, lol.
    Last edited by ian ashton; 04-25-2009 at 09:40 AM. Reason: Wrong image, oops!
    2013 Outback V

If you really wanted more weight, you shouldve bought the wrap around the engine and put a 750 in the walkway. That is what we use on our team boat up here in lubbock. We also have around 6 people on the boat too. We have a Malibu response LXi. Puts out a good wake when full for a cross over, but no wakesetter wake. Our team is in the process of looking for a new boat, strictly wakeboarding but are looking for some company who would help us out.
    07 Moomba Outback

I was thinking about that, but I decided that I want everything to look factory, and afterall this is a ski boat, so I'm sure the hull design isn't going to permit masive wakes. I think ~1,200 pounds between front and rear should suit me just fine, and this bag folds perfectly under the seat when not in use.
    2013 Outback V

Buttoned up under the seat:
    2013 Outback V

Sled491 Guest

I just realized the color of the bag goes with the boat

Nice job Ian, that looks great!