Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Trailer breaks are touchy

So one of the roads I have to drive is an older road that has lots of ruts and some potholes. One issue I am having is that when I am driving the trailer breaks keep breaking the trailer because of the road so one section of the road I can feel the trailer breaks keep coming on. Is there any way with the hydraulic breaks to make them not as sensitive?
    2008 Outback V - Sold but never forgotten.
    “Do not wait; the time will never be “just right.” Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along." -Napoleon Hill

is the trailer sitting level ? when hooked up
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

The trailer is sitting more or less level.
    “Do not wait; the time will never be “just right.” Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along." -Napoleon Hill

Ed,

Thanks for letting me know it is my driving. I guess i should just drive on the sidewalk and fix that issue.

Sled491 Guest

Jester, if it's the road it's the road. How long are you on this section and how fast is it? Maybe you would want to by pass them if it didn't prove more dangerous than the brakes always causing the jerkiness your experiencing.

Ed,
    Dont worry all the people in this city walk in the street so the sidewalk is a safer place to drive.

Sled,
    It is about a 3 mile section and the speed limit is 35. I could bypass it but it would add about 10 miles.

Sled491 Guest

Jester, you misunderstand me. I mean bypass the breaks on the trailer.

oooo ok i understand. Put in the key you use when you dont have the lights hooked up to backup the trailer. That is an idea i did not think of.

you may need to fab a way to hold the backup key in place as it may fall out with no presure holding it in place-like when backing up
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Sled491 Guest

Ya use duct tape. I had problems all last summer and had to use that key everytime I used my trailer, even at the Jamboree! You can use a nickle as well.