Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ballast Upgrade

Did the lake test and aside from not making sure all hoses were connected it worked pefectly. The drain pumps really blast the water out.

I did decide to lable the switches & the picture also shows my new bass control knob location.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    -McMoomba

2008 Outback V

Nice use of the factory Gravity Games decal, it looks great.

Quote Originally Posted by McMoomba View Post
    Did the lake test and aside from not making sure all hoses were connected it worked pefectly. The drain pumps really blast the water out.

I did decide to lable the switches & the picture also shows my new bass control knob location.
    Anyone know where I can get this decal???

I actually made it and printed it on vinyl with a laser printer. If you send me a PM I can email the image to you, or better yet I will post it on my pics.

It might take me a little while to find the file I guess I have it on a hard drive somewhere.
    Last edited by McMoomba; 02-05-2010 at 11:04 PM.
    -McMoomba

2008 Outback V

Good looking job. I will be posting my ballast upgrade very soon. I am still trying to find the last few pieces to finish up the job.
    15 Mondo Surf Edition

02 LSV - Traded In

McMoomba, you wanna come to Austin and do my ballast for me? I just purchased the boat used and it only has the center bag. What do you think the total cost was? Dealer quoted me about 1800 to install rear ballast including parts.
    2007 Moomba LSV

Depending on if you just need to re-plum in new pumps and stuff it wont cost you no 1800 to do it yourself.

Tsunami pumps are only about 30 each, then you have fittings, hose cost, and minor wires to run. Then have to get a hold a 3 switch configuration. I wouldn't expect more then 500 tops for a self install of the whole system. <minus bags>

I have the GIII system. Upgrading it is costimg me about 250 and thats 3 new pumps, fittings for all the new bags, tubing, clamps, and other miscellaneous items.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Hey Jesse, have not heard from you in a long time. How have you been? I thought that you already upgraded your ballast. I finished mine last summer and it works great. 3 intakes, 3 1200 tsunami pumps, 3 vented loops. system works awesome. good luck on the upgrade. i have pictures in my profile if you want to take a peek.
    Tazz
    Tazz 07' Moomba LSV --Kicker Marine Amps (MX700.5 & MX350.4) 6 polk DB651 speakers, 4 MB Quartz Marine Speakers, 10" Boston Acoustic Sub, Z-5 Cargo Rack, Custom Speaker/Light Bar, modified ballast system, Custom LED Rings
    Live life to the extreme and no less!!

Quote Originally Posted by tazz3069 View Post
    Hey Jesse, have not heard from you in a long time. How have you been? I thought that you already upgraded your ballast. I finished mine last summer and it works great. 3 intakes, 3 1200 tsunami pumps, 3 vented loops. system works awesome. good luck on the upgrade. i have pictures in my profile if you want to take a peek.
    Tazz
    Sorry for going missing for so long, I have been trolling the board and keeping an eye on everyone, just been busy and have not had time to play with the Mobius. I am taking my G III and upgrading it. I am still sticking with the single pump and some straight flow valves, but I am building my own manifold and using those valves that are straight flow instead of the traditional up and over. I am also adding an "auxiliary fill/empty" ports for my wake surf bags (I will explain this one when I post...it's still a work in progress). I am tired of flippping hoses over the boat so I am adding a 4th valve and putting the ports in an interesting spot, still have to see if it is going to work. I will keep you posted. Thanks for the concern....can't wait for summer!!!!
    15 Mondo Surf Edition

02 LSV - Traded In

I can't wait either. It's been raining here like crazy.
    Tazz 07' Moomba LSV --Kicker Marine Amps (MX700.5 & MX350.4) 6 polk DB651 speakers, 4 MB Quartz Marine Speakers, 10" Boston Acoustic Sub, Z-5 Cargo Rack, Custom Speaker/Light Bar, modified ballast system, Custom LED Rings
    Live life to the extreme and no less!!