Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Sub Installation?

I want to put a sub in my LSV but need to keep the cost down. I have a 10" sub and was just going to buy a cheap box for it and put it under the glove box area. Does anyone know the best place to put it? I am open to any suggestions about this topic.

my box fits sideways under the glove box pushed up between the hull and the front seat.
    Brad

2011 Launch 21V Sold... boatless replaced with a Jeep JKUR
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV sold
    2004 Outback sold

How big is your box? What do you have in it? Did you just slide it as far up the hull as possible. Which way did you face it for the best sound. Sorry for all the questions, but I am just looking to add a little bass to my all treble stereo. One more, Did you bolt it down or just jam it in so it won't move?

Get yourself a 10" sub that works in the 3-400 watt range, the Kicker Comps, Memphis Audio, Rockford Punch are some that come to mind. Mount it in a .75-.85cf box made of mdf and mount it on top of the drivers kick panel/footrest facing the hull.

Not only will it be out of the way but it will sound real nice bouncing off of the hull. The sound will disperse evenly around the boat and it can't get wet. I know this as mine is this way currently and works very well.
    2007 Mobius LSV

Thanks Razz, I have an old JL W10 that I was going to put in. I have 3 of them but was just going to put one in the boat. Do you know where I could buy a box with those dimensions without making one? I also, have a 07 Mobius LSV and love it but the factory system just has no bass.

I just got these 800W subs for $25 each for my motor home but they are 12". Need to hurry to get the 2 for 1 sale. I put my stereo from the boat into the motor home and lost all of the bass. Not a good thing.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...56&Tpk=VP120D4
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

You can get a box like that anywhere, they are the most common in fact. Any stereo shop will have them. ebay is flooded with them. Here's one:

10" Subwoofer box

You'll need an amp to gain the bass, but if your just after the bass then any average two channel will do it for you. Here's a new Rockford when bridged puts out 250W for $104, these drive your average 10" sub real nice:

Rockford Fosgate Punch Amplifier
    2007 Mobius LSV

Thanks, so you think that will fit over my foot plat under the stearing wheel? I ask because my boat is about a hour away.

What do you think about this one Razz?

http://www.hifisoundconnection.com/S..._by/sell_price

That's a truck/backseat box. You'll want as short in height as you can get. I wish i could get a shot of mine for you but that's not possible until tomorrow at the earliest.
    2007 Mobius LSV