Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kenwood Radio

Quote Originally Posted by jester View Post
    Ian,

I am looking to get the IP500 for my boat. My one question is does the remote on the drivers side work? I am looking for play /stop and next track on my Ipod.
    Yes, the Kenwood remote works - it lets you change track, play, pause, and change playlist.
    2013 Outback V

Quote Originally Posted by ian ashton View Post
    Yes, the Kenwood remote works - it lets you change track, play, pause, and change playlist.
    IF he has the Kenwood remote that is. IF he has the Aewire remotes Moomba uses then NO you can't do any of that except volume adjustments.
    2007 Mobius LSV

will the ipod still function?

The ipod will function with the cable as shown previously, I had that same setup originally. The Aewire remotes will only adjust volume in that setup config. The reason being for one is that when using the generic cable setup for ipod your actually bypassing a any built in functions the Kenwood might have for ipod. That's the second biggest reason i dumped the Kenwood/Aewire combo for the Pioneer w/ Pioneer remotes, full funcionality.
    2007 Mobius LSV

Sled491 Guest

I have a similar set up to JV, but I find that general functions on my IPOD are limited and it will not stick to the overall library, just playlists. Other than that my remote does everything my head unit does.