Default Carpet installation

I need to replace my carpet in my 2000 Outback, I have read many comments and forums that say it is a pain to remove the old carpet, my questions are: 1.) What is the best way to remove this carpet? 2.) Would it hurt anything to put new carpet over the old if it was very dry and I glue it down well? I know the second probably isn't the preferred way, but I am not willing to spend weeks on this project either... Thanks for the help and opinions.

I do not know how to pull the old carpet but i would suggest that you do. I could see some water getting in between the carpets and mold growing.
    2008 Outback V - Sold but never forgotten.
    “Do not wait; the time will never be “just right.” Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along." -Napoleon Hill

Have to agree with that. You are going to have to take out the old stuff. It's going to be very difficult to get it all up.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Default cost

Anyone know what kind of cost I should expect if I decide to have someone do this? I would like something about 16 oz I think.

Check with Great Lakes Skipper. I think they have everything.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!