Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default vacation in florida

have several free tickets on southwest. thinking about coming down to florida for a vacation either first of may or late september. spent last spring in myrtle and had fun.
    only downside are the airports that I can fly into. orlando is one, but I think that southwest only flies into one other so.fla airport...

question is what city to stay in for a quiet time(not like daytona at spring break) and do you prefer ocean or gulf side?

maybe a tow??
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Southwest also goest to tampa and ft. myers

If you came to Panama City or Destin or anywhere in the panhandle you could join us for the 2nd annual Fint River mini-Jam. It will either be Labor Day weekend or Sept. 19th, depending on when they schedule the bass tournament.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

I'd be all over that. september would be perfect. wife sent me a link to a vacation place in panama.
    is it a nice place?
    I would def. plan around a mini jam if the dates are solid.

PC has beautiful beaches. Destin is even nicer. I'll post the jam info as soon as I get it worked out.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

sandm - Destin is FANTASTIC. We drove from Chicago area. Rented a house. Hung out on the beach. Tried a wave runner on big water - what a rush. Stayed up late watching episode after episode of 24. Only thing we would do different is rent right on the ocean. I'd go back at the drop of a hat. - Deerfield
    2007 Outback - SOLD June 2016
    2012 RAM Crew Cab
    2015 Subaru Forester
    Stuart

"When you first start out with something new, you're always a little uptight." - Don Rickles

I used to ski the bayous of Val-p and Hobie Cat the rest. Wonderful place in September.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

Sandm,

A favorite vacation spot of ours is Seagrove Beach which is located between Destin & Panama City. It's a great spot as you can get to Destin or PCity for some fun and it's less expensive than Seaside which is just down the road and another great place to hang out.

We rent a home and enjoy cooking up some of the local, fresh seafood. Beaches are white powder and you can find a private spot without much effort. We set up an Easy Up at the start of the week and leave chairs, boogie boards, etc. out on the beach until we take it all down at the end of the week. If you end up on the FL panhandle, you have to make a trip to Grayton Beach and find The Red Bar.

http://theredbar.com/

thanks all for the advice.
    sounds like that's the area.
    just waiting for the jam info to be posted and I'll book the tickets.
    wife's schedule is posted through may now, so september will be a better time, and sounds like that is a nicer time to come.

Valparaiso. Locals like myself called it Val-P. I won a few Hobie Cat Regattas in Ft. Walton and I was the Hawaiian Tropic salesman at the Tiki Hut at the Sheraton.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD