Default i need some help

i found this websight and figured someone might be able to help me out, i got a 97 moomba outback, 351, problem is i put her in the water this year and if i try to open her up she stalls out on me almost like its flooding itself and it is hard to start again, when i de-winterized it, i reaplace the oil, oil filter, when i took off the fuel filter it had some rust on the top of the metal canister, i replaced that, the fuel pump works, same with the distibuter, wires, spark plugs, and i made sure fuel was getting into the carb. ANYONE got ANYTHING for me, i just pumped out 15 gallons of gas and am going to clean, treat, and try to flush the fuel lines to make sure i dont have ANY water in them. HELP ME!!!!
    thanks,
    tim

carb = vacuum line cracked or missing

i just pulled the gas tank out.... found a ton of sand at the bottom, i dont think that any got in my engine. if it did im screwed, seems like all the sand was beeing sucked to the bottom of the fuel screen and not allowing any gas to go through the gas lines, yet it was allowing it to idle with minimal problems, u think the problem is fixed and is there any way to flush the gas lines out, u think i need to????? thanks for the help

if it is carbed motor
    you need 2 rebuild the carb

Maybe not on the rebuild. If the filters did their jobs you just had insufficient fuel supply. The carb might be OK. Drain and clean what you can, blow out lines, replace filters and give it a go. If your performance is still off you might have to rebuild the carb but it's probably not a foregone conclusion.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

thanks for your help, just put the gas tank back it so ill let ya know how it goes, as for my 20 gal of gas i got sittin around, i got some cheese cloth that im going to run all that gas through and filter out the water, i know it sounds wierd, but the micro-organisims in this type of strainer are supposed to remove the water, none the less im goin to get some water remover fluid and then we will see. thanks again
    tim

Save that gas for the old lawnmower and put some fresh stuff in the boat.
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

well no luck with the clean gas tank, gotta clean the carb for starters, but first im going to clean out any fuel lines. we shal see

Let us know how it works out.
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!