Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I have a 2 piece snap on cover. i prefer it because you can use only the bow cover on those cold mornings and i have the poles to put under the bow and main cover when it rains. The big cover tends to puddle and i find it cumbersome. Also I moore my boat so the snap on covers jsut make more sense. The down side is the snaps and you do not completely cover the colored gel coat which of course fades quicker over time.

BTW Sunbrella material is what you want to go with.

Well, I dropped the boat off today to get the snap cover installed. I ended up going with the Sunbrella afterall. Apparently there is now "New generation" sunbrella which is more waterproof but still maintains it's breathability.

I'll let you know how it works in a few weeks.

Default covers

Heres a good one for all of you. I have both covers, well i purchased both covers. the snap on camE with the boat. I like it for trailering and it is easy to put on. not a big fan of the snaps and after only a few months, some snaps are loose and some have pulled right out.

I ordered a full cover when i bought the boat last june, still haven't got it. it was a little of $400 through tthe dealer. factory moomba cover. I wanted the full cover to keep the sun off the boat and protect it from the UV rays.

Dealer keeps ordering the cover, it is supposed to be shipped directly to me, but I don't rec. the cover. Any ideas of who to contact at SKiers Choice on this matter.

eseebeck, what boat (year,model) do you have?
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Thumbs up

Living up NORTH it is a MUST to have. The cool weather and a heater is a must to be able to get out and enjoy your boat. Even in the cool mornings in JULY and AUGUST it is nice to have.

I am taking my MOOMBA XLV GG to a local canvas shop and having them custom install a cockpit cover and a bow cover. He said to install the bow cover would cost $500-750 to do. The cock-pit cover would run $1800 – 2400 pending on the type of canvas I want to use. I am going with the extra heavy duty canvas because we get a lot of rain and wind and do not want to have to worry about the cover. And sometimes we go on trips and pull our boat down the highway for over 300 miles so we want to throw the stuff in the boat and GO!!!!!

That is my thoughts for the cool north dakota country!!!

Default waiting for a cover

I have an '08 Outback. Should go in the water tommorrow if Junior's baseball game doesn't take too long.

Sled491 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by kennedy View Post
    Living up NORTH it is a MUST to have. The cool weather and a heater is a must to be able to get out and enjoy your boat. Even in the cool mornings in JULY and AUGUST it is nice to have.

I am taking my MOOMBA XLV GG to a local canvas shop and having them custom install a cockpit cover and a bow cover. He said to install the bow cover would cost $500-750 to do. The cock-pit cover would run $1800 – 2400 pending on the type of canvas I want to use. I am going with the extra heavy duty canvas because we get a lot of rain and wind and do not want to have to worry about the cover. And sometimes we go on trips and pull our boat down the highway for over 300 miles so we want to throw the stuff in the boat and GO!!!!!

That is my thoughts for the cool north dakota country!!!

Are you nuts!! This guy is raping you. The bow cover should be around 200 and the cockpity cover about 500 max!.. For my Outback my bow cover will cost 180.00 and that's for Sunbrella from a guy who has been around forever and did my last boat, not some fly by nighter.

Thumbs up Cover is great.

Well we have had the cover for about 2 weeks and a lot of rain.

But the inside has been dry. The cover cost about $700 in total - bow and cockpit cover.

We're happy with the decision so far.

Sled491 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by slalomskier View Post
    Well we have had the cover for about 2 weeks and a lot of rain.

But the inside has been dry. The cover cost about $700 in total - bow and cockpit cover.

We're happy with the decision so far.
    That was a custom job?