Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: XLV surf setup

Default XLV surf setup

Sorry for another surf ballast question but I'm trying to get a great surf for this year. We surfed all last year with pretty good results but I'm sure I can get the wake better this year. I have a 2005 XLV with Gravity III ballast system, but I'm considering adding additional weight. Can someone with an XLV give me their thoughts on ballast and wakeplate? Thank you.

That's a tasty wave all right!
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

I ride with a 750# in the rear locker....350# behind the driver seat and 350# up front. Obviously to whichever side you are surfing. We sometimes add lead and pull the cooler of beer to that side as well.

If there is more people in the boat I have the biggest person sit on the sun deck on the side the rider is on. The serve as the rope man and weight.

Thanks very much for the great info. Couple of other things - how much ballast do you use up front - obviously with the Gravity III ballast system I can put a fair bit of weight up front but what are you using for surfing? I am planning to grab a 750 lb bag for the rear locker - any suggestions or will a 750 lb Fly High bag do the trick? My boat is 300 miles away so can anyone give me the maximum dimensions for the bag in the rear locker. I appreciate your help.

I have the same boat. I have the 750lbs balast in the rear compartment and under the seat right behind the driver I have a 1,000lbs balast and ofcourse I make everyone sit on the drivers side. The wave is like a Sunami. Goofy footers only on my boat.

Sled491 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by SoTX View Post
    I have the same boat. I have the 750lbs balast in the rear compartment and under the seat right behind the driver I have a 1,000lbs balast and ofcourse I make everyone sit on the drivers side. The wave is like a Sunami. Goofy footers only on my boat.
    A man after my own heart. Wouldn't life be better if we all surfed Goofy

My whole family is goofy as well.....so that works well for me. One last question - how much ballast do you have in your front locker?

I have some goofy people in my family too-- don't think they surf though.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Man I need to hook up with you TX goofy riders I can never find any other goofy riders.

SoTx do you have any pics of your surf wake?

Sorry no pictures