Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Have to concur here. Try speeding the boat up to about 14 then slowing down to about 10-11 and see what the wake does. You may need to get a little more forward on the board. That was the most uncomfortable thing to me was not leaning back like you do for everything else. Stand down on the front foot till you start gaining on the boat then let up just a little and stand down again as soon as you start losing ground.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Default 98 Outback needs help Wakesurfing

Hi guys I have tried 10-15mph 750lbs in the back 650 on surf side I am using a liquid force board and do not know what to try next. I think I need weight in the front but Ed said that a 98 Outback does not need it. I put a quick video cilp on YouTube have a look, here is the link and please give me some tips.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31kfZFPaQaw

You are too far back from the boat. You need to get closer.

I still say from the video your going to fast, the goal is you want to have a nice dark wave, no white wash or very little. I can see white wash all threw your wave still. Do you have the wake plate? If so i know i tend to run it 1/2 to 1/4 depending on how many peeps we are pulling.

Also yea pull your self in a lot closer, id say 5 feet to start.

I attached a picture of my surf wave. This is with the Stock ballast, 400 on the corner and 400 in the center, 10mph. Wake plate around 1/2
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

looks way to fast--it looks like you are fully on plane, need to plow a little and need to be lots closer to the boat, dont coil that rope in your other hand to make it shorter, if you fall and get your arm wrapped in the coillings its gonna hurt bad.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

These guys are right. Shorten the rope immediately and be safe. Coiling it is just too dangerous. You can make a good T handle surf rope out of an old handle by cutting it down and drilling a hole in the middle. Most of us run between about 9.5 and 11 or 12 MPH. Looks like you're running over 18.
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Default Set up

Hi Kaneboats,

it looks like you have the same boat as I do. what is your set up. I do not have a wake plate just the 750 in the back and650 on the side. Or anyone out there with an older Outback what is your set up???
    Darren

I concur with the others that you are going too fast. I think if you slow it down to about 9-10 mph you will have an awesome wake. And yeah, I would get a wakesurfing rope too.

Good luck!

I think your speedo is off. You have plenty of ballast. I run a 360 in the rear locker pulled all the way to the surf side, a 400 across the floor behind the engine- pulled to the surf side, and a 400 along the walkway on the surf side. I don't have a wake plate either. Here's a pic of my cousin a couple weeks ago with about 6 or so in the boat (his 1st time surfing):
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

I have a 2008 OB DD and have not been sucessfull yet. It seems like my wake is big enough, but we can't toss the handel yet. Im running a 750lb sac in the rear (plumed into the factory) and a 350 lb on the surf side. Running about 10mph. I think I need more weight on the drivers side (our surf side) Im about to go buy a 500 to 750 lb sack for the side. There is just 2 people, me and the surfer. Is it that I dont have enough weight on the side?
    08 Outback. Private Lake Owner.