Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Wakesurfing Ballast setup for 98 Outback

Hi I am new to the Forum and would love some help. I baught a 98 Moomba Outback at the end of the summer last year and tried to wake surf behind it but did not have any luck. I have read that their is supposed to be weight in the back and front with the ballast bag but can anyone tell me how much weight and where to put it.

Darren 98 Outback

Thanks I can't wait to try it out. We still have 2 feet of ice in the river at the moment. But I want to but the correct bags so I am ready for the season.

Darren

Quote Originally Posted by 98 Outback View Post
    I baught a 98 Moomba Outback ....
    Darren - Good to see another Outback owner. It's a great boat. Ed knows what he's talkin' about when it comes to wake surfin' behind an Outback, so pay attention. Post pics of your new rig. Welcome to the Moomba clan! - Deerfield
    2007 Outback - SOLD June 2016
    2012 RAM Crew Cab
    2015 Subaru Forester
    Stuart

"When you first start out with something new, you're always a little uptight." - Don Rickles

Sled491 Guest

98 where you out of? I have a 07 Outback and bought Ed's old balast system for my boat. If your near, you can check it out first hand.

Hi Sled I am in Canada East coast!!!

Darren

Sled491 Guest

Well, welcome. I'm in Toronto as I type this. Was born and raised in Thunder Bay Ont. However if you want to check out my set up you will still need to come to Wisconsin

Default Wakesurfing

Hi guys should I take the back seat out or lay the bag on the floor or seat!!!

Darren
    98 Outback
    PS: the ice is out of the river bring on surfing!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ed G View Post
    do some research on price of bags.

You can get cheap deals on Launch Pad sacs, but the bags aren't that durable and the welded seams are kinda questionable. You'll be replacing them over and over from people climbing on them.

Spend a little extra cash and get Fly - High brand. You'll have these sacs for life. They make inflatable boats out of the same material.

I once got two Fly High 750 lb sacs for about $200. These would do you well.

Your gonna need bilge pumps too. Seems like everyone likes the Tsunami brand
    Ed - I've been reluctant to go down this path because of all the other crap I haul around for our tow sports. Since I've seen people do it and followed you guys on this board, I'm thinking it's something we need to explore. What are we looking at to get started with the bags you describe, pumps, basic board, etc.? How long does it take to fill and drain 1400 lbs of bags?

Sled491 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by 98 Outback View Post
    Hi guys should I take the back seat out or lay the bag on the floor or seat!!!

Darren
    98 Outback
    PS: the ice is out of the river bring on surfing!!!!
    If you seat is removable pull it. I'm afraid a 750lb sak on you seat will buckle it in the middle.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed G View Post
    "
    Pumps (non tsunami) $60 ea (Barts)

Starter surfboard (hyperlight for example) $190 delivered

filling 1400 lbs with non Tsunami pumps...1/2 hour

Time to relax and have a beer...priceless
    How long with tsunami pumps? I'd rather have more time for fun. Thanks.