Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Project - Fresh Water Strainer...thoughts?

I want to add fresh water strainer to my boat, '02 OB LSV. From what I understand there is a strainer in the transmission cooler but have not checked. If so, that one would be a beetyoch to check/clean regularly.

I am not sure of the measurement of the Sherwood strainer with the elbows so I am hoping someone has been there before and can add some insight.

I prefer not to move the fitting on the vdrive just from the fear factor. The one picture I found had the fitting on the vdrive turned up but it appears on my rig there is not even enough room with my floor cover. I don’t see an option as to locating after the vdrive either prior to the trans cooler.

I currently see 2 options. I am not sure of the effect of adding the extra 90’s but it seems option 2 would be the best.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by mcdye; 03-31-2009 at 05:35 PM.
    2014 Mojo Surf
    2013 Mojo Sold
    2010 LSV Sold
    2002 OB LSV Sold

Looking for advice.

Surely someone in the klan has added one after the fact.
    2014 Mojo Surf
    2013 Mojo Sold
    2010 LSV Sold
    2002 OB LSV Sold

Look at my pictues. I had added 3 on my boat for new ballast pumps.
    Tazz 07' Moomba LSV --Kicker Marine Amps (MX700.5 & MX350.4) 6 polk DB651 speakers, 4 MB Quartz Marine Speakers, 10" Boston Acoustic Sub, Z-5 Cargo Rack, Custom Speaker/Light Bar, modified ballast system, Custom LED Rings
    Live life to the extreme and no less!!

We did our first ever boat ride this weekend in our new to us boat. Water Temp was 61' and air was 75. The boat temp was a little below 180'. I decide to check the transmission fluid cooler screen. I will definitly be adding a pre vdrive water strainer, some how.
    2014 Mojo Surf
    2013 Mojo Sold
    2010 LSV Sold
    2002 OB LSV Sold

Sled491 Guest

I have all the parts for just such a project and was about to start. I'm afraid I will be of little help as I have a DD. But I will post pics anyways.

I have a similar problem as the sand I suck up getting on and off my lift eats a coolant hose every season.

I have a DD setup. My Sherwood strainer with the 90 degree elbows is around 9 inches long and the canister and housing are 7 1/2 inches tall.

Sled491 Guest

Do you have any pics? I was given 2 90 degree elbows with mine as well, but for the life of me I can't see why I would need them.

Default water strainer

I had a natural bend at this point in the intake thus two 90s were possible along with another 90 which was easily purchased at the hardware store. I would have preferred only having one 90 but needed additional for my setup. I have not had any water flow problems.

Default 02 mobius lsv

here is pictures of my filter in my lsv

Sled491 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by OldeBoy View Post
    I had a natural bend at this point in the intake thus two 90s were possible along with another 90 which was easily purchased at the hardware store. I would have preferred only having one 90 but needed additional for my setup. I have not had any water flow problems.
    I see you have it at the rear by the tranny. I was thinking that I would go closer to the front closer to where my fresh water pu line turns back up to the water pump and put it there, but know I will look at the Hull PU and see how that works, thanks

PS sorry for the steal