Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I noticed mine last time out looks like it belongs in a 20 year old boat (or 20 year old's boat). I think I'm gonna pressure wash it next time I get home early.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Default Re: Carpet cleaning.

I just take whole floor up.. seat and all threw it in my truck box and went to the car wash..... I hand scrubbed in oxy clean let it sit then hosed the hell out of it at the car wash... it works well for keeping it clean but made no difference on keeping it fluffy. .. mine is flat as a pancake...

from Muh droid .....
    2014 Mondo with da flow!!! Exile towers, stock everything else.... for now!

Any other tips and tricks? My '13 has the snap out style carpet from syntec. Their website just says use household detergent... that's pretty vague... I'm sure some are better than others and some might even cause damage. I could see heavy detergent and power washing pulling dye from the fibers as well...
    2022 Moomba Mojo
    2013 Moomba Mojo 2.5 (sold)

Tow - 2019 Ford F150 Ecoboost

I found my boat in 2010, it had 30 hours on it and the guy said he had taken it out 5 times. The Carpet was already flat and looked Old. Ive used 3 or 4 different carpet cleaners. It's clean but nothing restores the nap. Now the adhesive is letting go and the carpet just rolls down from the top of the walls. Ive used a double sided carpet tape, but it's not heavy enough so I just push it back up when it rolls down.
    I did ride in an Epic 23V last week and it has like the Sea Deck Material through out and says you can just rinse it out and go!! I bet that is the future solution!
    FamilyMatters

2009 Outback

I use a carpet cleaner with cold water once or twice a year, usually with very little detergent if any at all. I have found simple green helps with spots. In between I shop vac then use a rubber horse brush to bring the nap back. It' doesn't look brand new anymore but it looks pretty good. Yes, a horse grooming brush.
    2010 LSV

I just make a weak solution of LA's Totally Awesome Cleaner and spread it around with a brush, and then rinse off, works good.

I know this discussion is bit old but i just want some suggestions regarding your experience with Carpet Cleaners
    I was Looking For the best Carpet cleaner And some questions regarding their use so i found this discussion forum.Can Anyone please Suggest Which brand is the best for Safe carpet cleaning?
    i read in another discussion that your carpet cleaner may damage if its not of good quality. which is the safest nd good Carpet Cleaner need serious suggestion please.

Forget about it. Go with hydroturf or miner's moss and never look back.

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread....%27s+hydroturf
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

This is the one I use, it works really well. I also use it in our vehicles, no problems with carpet separating or color fasting using warm water and minimal cleaner solution.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B008DBRFBK...a-272260392907
    2011 Mobius LSV
    2005 Mobius LS (sold)

What is the best stuff for cleaning GatorStep/SeaDek type foam flooring?
    2017 Moomba Craz Surf Edition
    Flow 2.0 Surf System w/ AutoWake™
    5,600 Lbs Ballast - Enzos + Lead + Sumo
    Wet Sounds REV10s + REVO12-XXX