Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default Carpet cleaning.

What is your experience with cleaning the carpet in your boat? I had the dealer steam clean it and it didn't look much different then it did when I took it in. Its not stained or dirty but it doesn't have that rich new look. It also seems to stay matted down and has no life. I'm sure its from traffic and oils from feet and sunblock etc.
    Are there any detail secrets that you may have that would help me out?

Thanks

PWI as usual...

Ya know, I've noticed that in my boat too. But then decided the hell with it, just means I'm enjoying instead of keeping it showroom for the next guy.
    Don't get me wrong I like mine clean and take good care, but somethings I've learned to roll with. Old age sinking in I guess
    Doug
    02 Outback LS
    Howell, Mi

I've had some success by using automotive capet cleaner that typically comes in a spray can. I work the foam in by hand with a medium stiff brush, let it dry and vaccuum it up using a hand held dirt devil with a rotating brush. I't doesn't look show room new but does seem to pull up the map somewhat. Hope this helps.
    Why can't there be a "No Fishing" curfew for us skiers?
    2007 Outback; 325 Assault

I hear you MiMoomba! But my OCD haunts me when I try to let it go.
    Pressure washing is great for you southerners, but for the great moldy Northwest I dont dare.
    I may tackle it when things warm up. I've also heard of using fabric softener with a light detergent prior to pressure washing. It may help with the matting, what do you think?
    Anyone? Anyone? Beuler? Beuler?

PWI as usual...

I bought one of those steam sharks to do the grout in my kitchen. I will give that a try. Oxi clean with a bucket of warm water and a stiff brush should work well too.
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

JM, yea let me know what you find.

PWI as usual...

I used Stanley Steemer Carpet Cleaner. They were a little expensive, but they did a great job and I think it was worth it!

Talk about bring back a dead horse! Some of the guys on wakeworld are soaking the carpet and scrubbing with Oxy Ckean then pressure wadhing from the front to the bilge then shop vac up the rest. Sounds crazy but they do it every year.
    2007 Mobius LSV

I noticed mine last time out looks like it belongs in a 20 year old boat (or 20 year old's boat). I think I'm gonna pressure wash it next time I get home early.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Default Re: Carpet cleaning.

I just take whole floor up.. seat and all threw it in my truck box and went to the car wash..... I hand scrubbed in oxy clean let it sit then hosed the hell out of it at the car wash... it works well for keeping it clean but made no difference on keeping it fluffy. .. mine is flat as a pancake...

from Muh droid .....
    2014 Mondo with da flow!!! Exile towers, stock everything else.... for now!