Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default New Owner Here; Got pics and questions :)

First off, I'm on cloud 9 right now, this boat is so amazing and I just pulled it home last night 2hrs from Dallas, Texas. I'm so ready to get out there and ride!

Now that is out of the way I have a few questions...

I bought this boat yesterday off craigslist and its a 2006 LS, and i suppose is technically still under warranty of some sort. I had the boat serviced at the dealership before purchse to ensure everything was mechanically sound and it all checked out. The one thing i didn't check to much into (because I don't know how it works and couldn't argue much on it) is the interior warranty term for a 2006 boat?

1) Is the interior still under warranty ?
    2) I was briefly told by a tech that he didn't think the warranty would transfer to me and that it only applied to the original owner (which technically the boat is still in his name for a few days so i could get warrnty work done if so).
    4) Would the flat storage panel lids in the rear of the boat be covered by a warranty ? (they look like the seams are coming apart on both left and right side [no rips] just looks like due to heavy traffic possibly ?)
    5) Should/Can I try to push the dealer to repair/fix for free?

Any input would be appreciated. Below are few pics of the boat. I think i'm in love.

Congrats on the new addition-looks awsome
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

All over TEXAS west of I45! Living in Big Spring Texas.

That's a good looking boat man. Congrats! What lake will you be on the most this summer?
    "Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem." -Ronald Reagan
    Yes, I will be a Marine until the day that I die.

Thumbs up Sweet!

1st off congrats!! I saw your post on WW. Great looking boat.
    Not sure about your warranty but I do know you can remove those back hatch covers and have them re-upholstered. It should be less than $100. You may be able to order new skins through your dealer and do them yourself. I would go that route then you know they will match.
    Either way good luck, and enjoy!

PWI as usual...

Thanks guys!

I bought the boat from a private seller. I'm not to bent about the warranty, just wanted to make sure we were all on the same page! I figure i will ride the boat this summer and then get the skins replaced if i can't figure out how to fix it.

An interesting note about the warranty (and this is what sparked my questioning) is that when we went to get the boat from the dealer after the oil change I had them pull the service history on the boat and realized that a year ago there was a defect in the rear seat cushion. It was placed on order free of charge under warranty, however, never installed. I asked them about it and, sure enough, they still had the brand new rear cushion in the warehouse from April of 08 and never put it on the boat, so at the very last minute the guys from the dealership ran out and swapped it for me, no charge, at the drop of a hat. (very cool experience)

I live about an hour south of Oklahoma City and ride at Konowa lake. There is a powerplant there on the lake and they cool there machinery with the water so it is constantly being warmed which helps extend our riding season around here. Occasionally, go to Arbuckle or Texoma, but may make it back to Dallas now that I have a REAL boat!

READY for summer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats and welcome to the family!
    Great looking boat. Have you named her?
    Why can't there be a "No Fishing" curfew for us skiers?
    2007 Outback; 325 Assault

Boat looks great. I love that black tower on the white boat.
    07 Mobius LS--Razorback Red

Quote Originally Posted by SEARK View Post
    I love that black tower on the white boat.
    Gets my vote, too!
    2007 Outback - SOLD June 2016
    2012 RAM Crew Cab
    2015 Subaru Forester
    Stuart

"When you first start out with something new, you're always a little uptight." - Don Rickles

Thus far just been referring to her as Mobi

Congratulations! And, welcome aboard. Lots of friends and help here. Please visit often. Looks great!
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!