Default using a flush kit

Ok so I de-winterized my boat today and I was using the flush kit to test and make sure she fired up. My question is how long does it take for the water to circulate through the engine and out the exhaust? I had the boat fired up for maybe 15-20 seconds and water was not coming out of the exhaust yet so I shut her down. I'm just hoping I don't have a pump out or bad impeller. I just replaced the impeller last aug. Does anyone have any suggestions? Keep in mind I only ran the boat for about 10 seconds the first fire up and maybe 15 - 20 seconds the second time so maybe I just need to let it run a little longer and give the water a chance to circulate all the way through.
    RIDE: 2002 Moomba Mobius V

TOW VEHICLE: 2002 Chevy Tahoe Z71

SETUP: 2011 142 Slingshot RECOIL 2011 Slingshot RAD Boots

If it was empty of water, that would probably not been long enough to get circulating through the motor fully and filling the block.. Remember how much water drains out when you winterize it! I have had the same concern myself before..
    I guess for curiosity,you could open the impeller and inspect, but even completely dry, I don't think that would have been long enough to burn the impeller...starting cold..

I put some boot lube on my impeller before the first start this year..
    Brad

2011 Launch 21V Sold... boatless replaced with a Jeep JKUR
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV sold
    2004 Outback sold

It can take quite a little while to get water to come out of the exhaust. If you are using a pressurized flush kit (perko, installed in your boat), then water usually will flow even if your impeller is broken. Using a "Fake-a-lake", you will need your impeller to 'pull' the water up and through.
    Try again and wait about 35-55 seconds, using a watch.
    1997 MasterCraft 205

2008 Moomba Outback
    1999 MasterCraft Sportstar OB
    1992 MasterCraft 205
    1999 Malibu Response LX
    1987 Marlin Magnum Skier

Quote Originally Posted by maxpower220 View Post
    It can take quite a little while to get water to come out of the exhaust. If you are using a pressurized flush kit (perko, installed in your boat), then water usually will flow even if your impeller is broken. Using a "Fake-a-lake", you will need your impeller to 'pull' the water up and through.
    Try again and wait about 35-55 seconds, using a watch.
    Its a perko flush kit thats installed on the intake hose just above the through hull right before it gets to the V-drive intake. I'll be home in a min and i'll let it run for a min or so and see if that works.
    Last edited by jclay5; 04-02-2009 at 06:26 PM.

Ok it works! I just left a hose unhooked! ha It was dark by the time I got around to starting it last night so I couldn't see it. Anyway I found my mistake this evening and corrected it so everything works great! Thanks for the replies!