Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default What boat cover to get

I have an 04 XLV and was wondering what the best boat cover to purchase is. I see the aftermarket ones for about $500 but it looks like it is a one piece. Thanks.

Thumbs up

I would also like to know what cover to purchase in case I need to buy one.

Can you order the FACTORY cover, if so what is the cost some have paid.

Last season a factory mooring cover (one piece, full coverage) was $550 from my dealer. If I remember correctly, the snap in covers (two piece, cockpit and bow covers) were a $750 option.

I think you'll get a lot of opinions that finding a local, custom shop will give you the best product at the best price.

Contact this company and they will set you up!

http://www.greatlakesboattop.com/

They are the original equipment supplier and since your boat is more than a couple years old they will sell to you. I am impressed with how well the factory cover fits (their name is on the tag)!
    Don't go through your dealer unless you want to keep him in business and don't mind paying extra.

Default Cover

Check out RANKIN Covers, You wount be disapointed
    08 LSV, Z-5 CARGO, TANDOM AXLE CUSTOM WHEELS TRAILER.....HOME LAKE IS BILLY CHINOOK CENTRAL OREGON

David, do you know if you can tow with the Rankin cover in place?
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

I looked at this for some time about a year ago... and after lots of research I ended going to a shop that builds custom covers.

I am EXTREMELY happy with the end results. Cost was around $700.00 and I selected the fabric and how I wanted the boat covered (I went with seperate cockpit and bow covers). I have many compliments on the covers and couldn't be happier.

Good luck and post pics when you decide.

Sled491 Guest

My suggestion would be the custom shop cover. You pick the color design and get that good old local service

Rankin Covers are the only one i would trust towing as that's what they are expressively made for and i've never heard anyone complain about their's either. Yea they are expensive but worth it, i'll be buying one when the factory cover is shot: Rankincovers
    2007 Mobius LSV

Another option for a towable cover is Cory at www.evolutioncovers.com. He used to work for Rankin and makes the same type cover. When I bought my Supra 21v this summer he came down and measured my boat, he didn't have a pattern yet for this boat, and had my cover done in a week.

Whatever cover you get I would recommend getting the Sunbrella fabric.