Thread: Wakeboard Line

Default Wakeboard Line

I have a quick question:

I just bought a 2009 Gravity Games XLV....What is the best way to tie the wakeboard line to the tower.

i like to just put the loop at the end of the line over the tower, no knots

We pull the rope (not the handle end!) back through the loop just enough to create a new loop that tightens to the tower. I thought everyone did that...
    We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion.

Yes, there should be an existing loop in the end of the line. Reach your hand through that loop and grab the line. Then pull the line back through the original loop. Use that 2nd loop to attach the line to the tower. I've put blemishes in a couple of nice tow ropes trying to do other stuff.

I'm not visualizing this in my pea brain.

Can someone take a pic of this? I think I understand but I would like confirmation.

you're not the only one a pic would be great ...

Quote Originally Posted by Kidder View Post
    I'm not visualizing this in my pea brain.

Can someone take a pic of this? I think I understand but I would like confirmation.

All over TEXAS west of I45! Living in Big Spring Texas.

Lightbulb This is how I do it

I don't have a cam with me but here's the deal. Take the loop end of the rope. (Not the handle end) Now stick your hand through the loop and grab the rope. Pull the rope back through the loop. You have now created a "new loop". Stick this new loop over the rope ball on your tower. Pull the rope tight! You have now put the rope on your tower and didn't have to "tie" anything.
    "Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem." -Ronald Reagan
    Yes, I will be a Marine until the day that I die.

Quote Originally Posted by Birdman_08_LSV View Post
    I don't have a cam with me but here's the deal. Take the loop end of the rope. (Not the handle end) Now stick your hand through the loop and grab the rope. Pull the rope back through the loop. You have now created a "new loop". Stick this new loop over the rope ball on your tower. Pull the rope tight! You have now put the rope on your tower and didn't have to "tie" anything.
    I get it. Thanks, Birdman!

All over TEXAS west of I45! Living in Big Spring Texas.

Cool Anytime

Anytime Kidder! Did that help out Atlanta?
    "Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem." -Ronald Reagan
    Yes, I will be a Marine until the day that I die.