Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    All over TEXAS west of I45! Living in Big Spring Texas.

Thumbs up Great Instructional Wakeboarding Series!

Hey, I was told that this was a great instructional a few weeks ago so I got online and bought one. It's called, "The Book". It has over 13 hours of video. It's broken down into 9 disks. It covers everything you could want to know about wakeboarding. The first 5 disks cover wakeboarding and the last 4 are wakeskating and a mobile edition. This thing really does cover it all. The first disk, "Getting Started", covers Equipment, Boating, Getting ready in the boat, Getting up, and Riding Positions. For equipment it covers what board you will want for your skill, the types of boards and how each board changes the ride, bindings, and even how to set up your gear. Boating talks about the types of boats, boat safety, pre-launch, launch, and even how to drive patterns to help keep the lake calm.

All this is just in the Getting started video. It also has Building a Foundation, Base Inverts, Spinning, and Intermediate & Advanced Inverts. I have watched the first two disks and I think this thing is great. This is the very thing I was looking for. If you want to know more about wakeboarding, this has everything you will need to know. If you have this series post some comments about your take on it. If you have any questions put them down too.
    Last edited by Birdman_08_LSV; 03-29-2009 at 11:04 AM.
    "Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem." -Ronald Reagan
    Yes, I will be a Marine until the day that I die.

Yep. I think that it's the most recommended tutorial product on this forum... and probably many others. I also have Detention 2012.

Both are good. Both glossed over the finer details of getting good pop off the wake for a beginner though... which is my main problem. They both gave lots of information on preparation with edging and line tension, but not on what happens right on the wake.

Anybody want to get Kyle to give us 5 tips for beginner to intermediate riders for getting more pop off the wake? If so, please post his answer along with a cool photo of Kyle in action.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Allright, I just sent an e-mail to Kyle via the camp. I'll let you know what response I get.
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

cool i need some poop off the wake
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

I think we could all use a little more "poop" off the wake.
    "Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem." -Ronald Reagan

Hey Ed, is that a little Foghorn Leghorn you just posted? (LOL)

Now boy, I say, now boy, when a woman's talkin' just stand there and nod your head and try to resist the temptation to say somethin' back. Run along now.
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

I have both of the instructionals...The Book and Detention 2012. I think they compliment each well. Nice thing about The Book is that you can put on your ipod and take it on the boat if you want.
    2008 Mobius LSV Blue and Black.

It appears that Kyle Schmidt is taking our request pretty seriously. Here is his response:

Give me a few days on this and I will write something up for you. Thanks Pat.

-- Kyle Schmidt
    LearnWake.com

I will post Kyle's response as soon as I have it. What a fantastic ambassador for the sport. Thanks, Kyle!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!