Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default More ballast valve questions

I have been trying to locate some valves for the ballast system that could flow more water than the factory ones. The ones on the newer boats are much larger than the ones in my 02 LSV. Anyway, I have found the ones below, but have been hesitant in ordering them. I would still like to find a gate valve of some sort that is not sprinkler related. Has anyone tried these or even heard of them? They have a straight through design instead of the traditional up and over.

http://www.irritrol.com/pdf/sellsheet_700.pdf
    http://www.irritrol.com/valves/valves_700s.html

Let me know what you guys think.
    15 Mondo Surf Edition

02 LSV - Traded In

jesse let me know if you figure anything out... I would love to do something with my 02 Mobius V
    RIDE: 2002 Moomba Mobius V

TOW VEHICLE: 2002 Chevy Tahoe Z71

SETUP: 2011 142 Slingshot RECOIL 2011 Slingshot RAD Boots

JesseC, have you been following the threads over on the modification section, removing the spring in the valves makes a big difference. I am waiting on Newty to see how the dual inpump conversion goes-could be a very good way to go if it works.

Can you post a picture of one of the valves you have?
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Quote Originally Posted by moombadaze View Post
    JesseC, have you been following the threads over on the modification section, removing the spring in the valves makes a big difference. I am waiting on Newty to see how the dual inpump conversion goes-could be a very good way to go if it works.

Can you post a picture of one of the valves you have?
    Yes, I have been following them closely. My valves are nothing like the newer ones. they are about a third the size and the opening inside the valve is less than a 1/2" near the "seat" of the valve. I will try to post pics eithe tomorrow or Sunday. What interested me on the irritrol is the design difference. I may order one and see what it acts like.

15 Mondo Surf Edition

02 LSV - Traded In

I replace two on my 04 last year that went bad. One day at menards I noticed that they have what looked to be the same valve for alot cheaper and they had three or four different sizes. If you want to try and look there and maybe save a few bucks. There is nothing to changing them so if they don't work you would only be out about $15 and 15 to 20 mins of your time. They were in the lawn irrigation system section of the store. If one goes out again I am going to give it a shot.

Jesse,
    Have done the mod yet? I still have not chosen the valves that I want to use. I like the two pictures of the valves. I kind of want to choose option #2
    Tazz
    Tazz 07' Moomba LSV --Kicker Marine Amps (MX700.5 & MX350.4) 6 polk DB651 speakers, 4 MB Quartz Marine Speakers, 10" Boston Acoustic Sub, Z-5 Cargo Rack, Custom Speaker/Light Bar, modified ballast system, Custom LED Rings
    Live life to the extreme and no less!!

Tazz, No, I have not done anything yet. I wanted to see if anybody had ever heard of them. I am tempted to order one of those, go to Home Depot and get one of the ones everyone is using and test them both. I have pulled my 2000GPH Rule pump out and plan on trying to test the two valves sometime very soon. It may take me a few weeks due to my work schedule.

moombadaze here are the photos of my puny valves...please do not laugh at them, I know they are small.

Notice in the first pic that the opening inside the valve is a little less than 1/2". I am sure that the new ones are much more efficient, but I just want to find something even better. If I can locate a valve that can flow enough water, I will replace the 2000gph with one of the 3600gph pumps.

15 Mondo Surf Edition

02 LSV - Traded In

Quote Originally Posted by jrbishop4 View Post
    I replace two on my 04 last year that went bad. One day at menards I noticed that they have what looked to be the same valve for alot cheaper and they had three or four different sizes. If you want to try and look there and maybe save a few bucks. There is nothing to changing them so if they don't work you would only be out about $15 and 15 to 20 mins of your time. They were in the lawn irrigation system section of the store. If one goes out again I am going to give it a shot.
    Man, I miss Menard's. I used to go there at least twice a week. We only have the two big outfits here that would rather sell you a whole kitchen than a decent sink trap.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Jessec, Dang those are some small valve's, looks like in 03 they swapped to a larger size-same as on my 08. That drawing of the ultra flow looks like the way to upgrade.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Jesse--
    There is a plumbing wholesale place by the house. I am going to try and get there today and purchase one of these things. When I get it, I will give it the Pool Test. I will try to Post pictures.
    Tazz 07' Moomba LSV --Kicker Marine Amps (MX700.5 & MX350.4) 6 polk DB651 speakers, 4 MB Quartz Marine Speakers, 10" Boston Acoustic Sub, Z-5 Cargo Rack, Custom Speaker/Light Bar, modified ballast system, Custom LED Rings
    Live life to the extreme and no less!!