Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Ian

The way i understand it is that they have a contract with skiers choice now. So if you own a supra or moomba you pay the price that they have agreed upon for the boats at the factory. This keeps people from just buying the boat and then getting the same graphics done for much cheaper after they get the boat. But for those of us that have boats pre2009 we should not have to pay the same. I and the wife were all for getting it done with money in hand and then they jacked up the price on us. I will keep the money in my own community.

Why is there not anyone from SC or Z-decals chiming in here to defend the prices? Is it because they know that they screwed potential customers over already before it even got started?
    Last edited by 98outback; 03-27-2009 at 12:27 PM.

Where as my wrap was not 3K I think there should be discounts for people that already own a Moomba. Many of them including myself already paid extra money for the gelcoat pattern I got when I ordered my boat. I ordered the tri color at the time which was an additional 800-1500 dollars so I look at it as SC has alreay made that additional money on me and should give a discount on the wrap. Now when people are buying a new boat they can just order a single color and have it wrapped which saves them some money but they still have to come out of pocket 2K to get the unique looks of the wrap.

Personaly I am a fan of zdecals and think that they did a great job making numerous changes until I was completely satisfied. I definitely love the artwork. Does this mean they can design some shirts so we can finnaly get something cool ?

a full mastercraft wrap will cost you over $4,900...I haven't heard anyone complaining about their wrap pricing..maybe mastercraft owners are more willing to pay for a unique boat...

Enoltn, welcome to the board. This thread is an interesting place to get started on the board but glad to have you as part of the community. I am sorry if you fell that us Moomba owners are a little below the means of other boat owners. I think we are just smart, looking for a good value and are all around a good group. This whole boat wrap with Zdecals kind of stinks. I understand that in today's economy S.C. might be having a little trouble moving new boats. If this is the case getting a cut of of every wrap sold to prior Moomba owners is a good business move on their part.

By the way do you work for Zdecals?
    Last edited by RobertJ; 03-27-2009 at 04:59 PM.

Default understand

tI works the same way with mastercraft as moomba. If i take my moomba to the company that has a contract with mastercraft I will pay 50% or more less than the guy with a mastercraft. They have a contract with mastercraft to sale those wraps at that price to mastercraft owners. Also this is a moomba/supra board not a mastercraft. People buy moomba/supra because they are great boats and are affordable for the average person. Not everyone wants to finance a boat 15 - 20 years.

Default Response to pricing

Hey guys, this is Nick at ZDecals...
    I obviously (from the above posts) see that pricing compared to what we had quoted while we were just exploring the idea has doubled and you guys are not happy about that. I do want to break it down just a little for you based on the post months back. I want to start with the quote of $1,500 for the full sides wrap. Since we've been shipping all over the U.S. and have partnered with Skier's Choice we have come across issues that had to be built into the new pricing structure...
    So, without further ado:
    The installers charge completely different prices depending on their location. Example: In Alabama, we had a full sides wrap installed for $300-$400. Doing it the old way, this price was passed on to the customer as the customer wrote the check to the installer. However, when we had an install in Oklahoma, the installer charged the customer $600-$700 for the install (after we had told the customer to expect $400). Now, we only use certified installers, which are typically proud of their worksmanship because the are the BEST period. We also have them sign an installation warranty agreement which you and the installer keep. So, because of drastic pricing differences between regions, we rolled a standard install cost into the price and we (ZDecals) will pay the installer his requested install price instead of leaving it on the shoulders of the customer to take care of. Also, rolled into the new pricing now is shipping, an emergency patch kit, and install materials for the installer, a care guide, and an install guide. Another item rolled into the price is the use of the space and tools at your local dealership. Your boat MUST be installed indoors due to our high quality standards. Depending on your boat, it must also be moved around in the trailer so that the installer has room to properly seat the vinyl in tight spaces. Your dealership has the proper tools to do so while preventing damage to the boat. Accidentally cracking the fiberglass is not a risk we are willing to take. We also have to pay royalties to Skier's Choice for using their likeness and trademarked names. We've also had to raise capital for our new software system that will soon go live that will allow you to adjust and design your boat wrap online in the comfort of your own home. We've learned tons from installing nationwide and we are making sure all bases are covered so that you ONLY get the absolute best product on the market. We've dealt with all the vinyl manufacturers and we actually do product testing for 3M on some of their products before it even makes it into local sign shops, etc. All of the customers that have received a wrap from us only have good things to say. As we have been making this transition to keep up with volume we have sacrificed nothing and only made it a promise to our customers to make the quality even better, and the process even smoother if we find any means to do so. We have received too many horror stories from customers who have had a local sign shop design- print- and apply graphics, that I personally have put in ridiculous hours and having slept on the couch in our lobby and going without showering for 3 days at a time for the past 4 months (I know, it's kind of gross, and yes, you are correct if you also guess I'm not married, because if I was, I'm pretty sure I would be going through a nasty divorce right now). The purpose of me telling you this is I want my customers proud of their wrap, and I want to hear ONLY good things from you guys. So, I figured the proper place to begin would be to make sure you had the very best product, which I feel is an understatement because we are relentless about quality. I want to listen to everything you guys have to say and create the direction of the program accordingly. Unfortunately because of the reasons listed above we aren't able to keep the "mom & pop, local sign shop" pricing. We have created excellent value in our product and wish we could go back in time and keep that product at the same pricing. Because hey, if the price were lower, you would buy more and we could sell more right?? I wish that was the case, but we would go out of business to cover all the new costs that go along with establishing this program. At the same time I would hate to see you guys have clipart designs that are so "vanilla", and have colors that don't even come close to matching your gelcoat, or installation failures. We pride ourselves in creating original killer designs and color matching that is near perfect with flawless installs. We hope you can see the value in our product and the reason for the price increase. You've always expected the best from Skier's Choice and they have delivered. They trust in our products and services and they would not have partnered with us if we could not deliver as well. Just know that if you do purchase a wrap through your dealer you will get nothing but the best, period. If you feel the need to not do business with us is because of price, we understand. However, if it is for different reasons, we would sincerely like to know so that we can continue to create the best boat wrap program available.

-Nick
    ZDecals
    Last edited by ZDecals; 03-27-2009 at 06:30 PM.

since you put it that way. it makes sense now.
    Tazz 07' Moomba LSV --Kicker Marine Amps (MX700.5 & MX350.4) 6 polk DB651 speakers, 4 MB Quartz Marine Speakers, 10" Boston Acoustic Sub, Z-5 Cargo Rack, Custom Speaker/Light Bar, modified ballast system, Custom LED Rings
    Live life to the extreme and no less!!

98outback, robert J...

haha...nope don't work with zdecals...i am just like you guys, someone who thinks he could have been a pro-wakeboarder, but just missed the cut ...i know it is a very interesting place to start a response...but i normally browse around on the supra forum since i have a 09 supra 22ssv(you might wanna check my boat out)...the moomba forum is more alive than the supra so that is the reason i just signed on yesterday...i was very excited about the wrapping program because finally we(the skierschoice family) are able to get rid of the lame standard decals and make our boats look like a million $$....if you look at the boat from roach i dont think that a mom and pop shop would be able to pull something off like that...i guess quality comes with a price...if an average mom and pop shop would be able to deliver a design like that for a fraction of the price, why has nobody ever done it??

All over TEXAS west of I45! Living in Big Spring Texas.

Sometimes it's better to pay the higher price to take out the worries. I always feel better paying the extra $ to know that the job was done right. As long as the $ isn't more like $$$! If the price right now is too high for some ... just give it some time, it might come back down some.

Quote Originally Posted by enolten View Post
    98outback, robert J...

haha...nope don't work with zdecals...i am just like you guys, someone who thinks he could have been a pro-wakeboarder, but just missed the cut ...i know it is a very interesting place to start a response...but i normally browse around on the supra forum since i have a 09 supra 22ssv(you might wanna check my boat out)...the moomba forum is more alive than the supra so that is the reason i just signed on yesterday...i was very excited about the wrapping program because finally we(the skierschoice family) are able to get rid of the lame standard decals and make our boats look like a million $$....if you look at the boat from roach i dont think that a mom and pop shop would be able to pull something off like that...i guess quality comes with a price...if an average mom and pop shop would be able to deliver a design like that for a fraction of the price, why has nobody ever done it??
    Post some pics up in pride and joy I'd love to see it.
    RIDE: 2002 Moomba Mobius V

TOW VEHICLE: 2002 Chevy Tahoe Z71

SETUP: 2011 142 Slingshot RECOIL 2011 Slingshot RAD Boots