Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Cool I have 11 cup holders to fill. I also was thinking of putting on in each of my docking light housings for a glow effect when the courtesy lights are on. I think that would look sweet on the water. I'm sure I can think of a few hundred other places to put them as well.

Quote Originally Posted by newty View Post
    Cool I have 11 cup holders to fill. I also was thinking of putting on in each of my docking light housings for a glow effect when the courtesy lights are on. I think that would look sweet on the water. I'm sure I can think of a few hundred other places to put them as well.
    I'd be careful with blue lights on the exterior of the boat, I know in Michigan blue is reserved for Police.
    2013 Outback V

The Blue LED's do look cool but i know in Oregon Blue is for the Patrol boats. I was thinking of also adding blue to my tower speakers but i am thinking with how nice our Marine Board is i will get a ticket for that.
    2008 Outback V - Sold but never forgotten.
    “Do not wait; the time will never be “just right.” Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along." -Napoleon Hill

I'm thinking more along the lines of the cool white. Besides when I'm underway at night the docking lights will be on anyway, and will drown out the led's. Besides I don't think the blue will go well with my brown interior.
    Jester, I second the Marine Board there in Oregon, they aren't the easiest to get along with.

I think I have 10 cup holders 07 OBv. this may solve the additional interior lighting i was thinking of adding.

Ian did you have to drill a larger Hole?
    Did you mount from the bottom with adhesive or pull from the top?

Will the cup holder stiller drain or do you need an additional drain holder form those foamy beverages?

great job
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Quote Originally Posted by jmvotto View Post
    I think I have 10 cup holders 07 OBv. this may solve the additional interior lighting i was thinking of adding.

Ian did you have to drill a larger Hole?
    Did you mount from the bottom with adhesive or pull from the top?

Will the cup holder stiller drain or do you need an additional drain holder form those foamy beverages?

great job
    I dropped the lights through the top, I didn't have to drill out the hole to make it larger. I put a piece of heat shrink tubing around the wires and zip tied it on the bottom of the cup holder, I did this for 2 reasons: 1-to protect the wires from chaffing on the bare metal of cupholder, 2-to secure the LEDs inplace. I did't glue them, so they have a bit of movement; the thought is that this will allow them to still drain properly, although I didn't 'test' it.

I'll try to snap some 'bottom' side pics of how I did it to give you a better idea.
    2013 Outback V

All over TEXAS west of I45! Living in Big Spring Texas.

Talking Abyss Lites

I'll post some on the water pictures as soon as I take some.

a14.jpg
    "Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem." -Ronald Reagan
    Yes, I will be a Marine until the day that I die.

Ok....I gotta have some of these but I have a question. How do I wire them up? I realize you hook up them up to the battery but how do I then wire them to a switch?

Very novice when it comes to wiring. Thanks in advance.

I still need to wire mine up. You will need to have an accessory witch available on your panel. If you do not, you will need to add a switch. I need to draw it up so you can understand what I am talking about the wiring. It really is not hard at all. It all depends on how many lights and the total wattage of lights you are using. If the wattage exceeds the switch allowable, then it is wise to use a relay. Again, i will draw this up so that you can understand it better. Trust me I am an electrician.
    Tazz 07' Moomba LSV --Kicker Marine Amps (MX700.5 & MX350.4) 6 polk DB651 speakers, 4 MB Quartz Marine Speakers, 10" Boston Acoustic Sub, Z-5 Cargo Rack, Custom Speaker/Light Bar, modified ballast system, Custom LED Rings
    Live life to the extreme and no less!!

Quote Originally Posted by tazz3069 View Post
    I still need to wire mine up. You will need to have an accessory witch available on your panel. If you do not, you will need to add a switch. I need to draw it up so you can understand what I am talking about the wiring. It really is not hard at all. It all depends on how many lights and the total wattage of lights you are using. If the wattage exceeds the switch allowable, then it is wise to use a relay. Again, i will draw this up so that you can understand it better. Trust me I am an electrician.
    Yep...draw it up and post it. My boat is at the shop getting some work done right now. When I get it back I want to do this before I drop it in the water.