Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Loonytik View Post
    Where did you place them to see them project 5 feet into the water? Just over the side of the boat?

Just curious because I am thinking of adding either the spots or the silicone strips to install under my swim platform.
    Yea, I just held them over the side, about 6-8" below the surface. I think they might work best if you made a bracket or something to mount them towards the end of the platform, rather than on the transom itself.
    2013 Outback V

I was listening to the radio while hooking up the new lights that I purchased from oznium. I noticed when I put power to the lights the radio reception cut out. I wonder if its a result of running the power wire to close to the antenna or if while the flood lights are powered they cause interference.

Just wondering if any one else has the same trouble.

The lights look great by the way.
    Reality is a crutch for people who can’t handle alcohol.

Quote Originally Posted by Appleknocker View Post
    I was listening to the radio while hooking up the new lights that I purchased from oznium. I noticed when I put power to the lights the radio reception cut out. I wonder if its a result of running the power wire to close to the antenna or if while the flood lights are powered they cause interference.

Just wondering if any one else has the same trouble.

The lights look great by the way.
    Do you have a dedicated switch for the lights or are you running them through something else? It could just be power interference and a simple re-routing of your wires should fix it. If its wired to a switch that also has power from the radio this could cause interference.

The light are on a dedicated switch. If you look at all the switches in the back it looks like they are all daizy chained together. At first I thought it was were I ran the wires but I remembered that I hook the first light up behind the drives seat furtherst away from were the anttena is and still got the interference.

Not a big deal, only I have a portable sirius unit in the boat and it cuts out the frequency for it, guess I will have to fall back on cd's or MP3 player. Not a big deal I guess.
    Reality is a crutch for people who can’t handle alcohol.

It would be a huge deal for me.....especially if you're paying for Sirius and not able to enjoy it. If you are getting interference the wires either have to be touching at some point in the line or linked together with the switches. If they are daisy chained I would trace the wires back to their source.

Pick up some post-it note flags from your local office supply and tag the wires as you go so you can keep track of them.

debating the abysslite S600-B lites.. but as I stare at my transom cannot determine where is the best spot fo them... they seem to have a mounting bracket that will allow you to get away from the 1/8 half in bore in the gel coat, thus just allowing you to mount with the 3 screw holes and a small through hole in the transom.

I see a few issues. the bracket mount for the swim platform...
    thus shading or blocking light toward the inside. and just how high or low to mount... anyone have any images of how theirs are mounted. as far as I know i have only seen one post of of a pair being done?

Any suggestions would be great.
    Last edited by gcombe74; 05-26-2009 at 01:48 PM.

Default lookie....

Quote Originally Posted by ian ashton View Post
    I'd be careful with blue lights on the exterior of the boat, I know in Michigan blue is reserved for Police.
    Here is how Michigan law reads....note it says "flashing red or blue"...it does not say anything about solid lights.

Note: Blue or red flashing lights are restricted to use by law enforcement vessels only.

Hope this helps

Default cup holder led

Ian, thanks for the idea. my 3 interior cabin light cost 200 installed. these 10 led in the cup holder cost me a total of 40 bucks plus an hr of my time. just hooked into the existing switch and loop.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Quote Originally Posted by Razzman View Post
    Save some time & effort and get a superior connectoin buy using heat activated sealing connectors. Once sealed they are completely waterproof. Motorcycle mfgrs have been using them for years, I use them on anything that might get wet. krimpa-seal/ is just one maker, 3M is another and supplies Harley-Davidson. Genuinedealz on eBay is another good supplier for these.
    try parts-express.com as well for these shrink connectors

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

Ed man if you're not going out at night you're missing out on a big part of the moomba experience- then again we don't have gators in Indiana. There's nothing better than going out after work for some evening wakeboard and ski runs, watching the sun set, then cranking the tunes and doing some night swimming all while enjoying a tasty beer at an honest price.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by skiyaker; 08-12-2010 at 07:11 PM. Reason: pwi wrote "toons" instead of "tunes"
    2021 Malibu 23 LSV
    2008 OBV-Sold!
    2001 Ski Nautique closed bow-slalom course only!
    attracted to shiny things that float