Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

I ordered the LED's from Oznium.com and installed them last weekend. I used a free switch and waterproof connectors to loop them around my 10 cupholders. I will take some pictures in the next few days once my boat comes back from the tint shop.

First impressions were great....hooked up one cupholder at a time and tested the light to make sure it worked. Then I made my around the boat using the same method. I took my time and hid the wires, tied them up and waterproofed the wires as much as possible. The light they put out is good, not great. 10 lights isn't going to make your boat look like the Vegas strip but, I am very glad I did it. It's going to make the mood much cooler when the sun goes down.

Here are some pics of the lights that I took when I received them.

10 in a package:

Single LED:

Built in resistor:

Size comparison to the business card. (Wire length) Bonus: See if you can find where my EX-GF marked my table with a damn sharpie pen!

same package minus the sharpie mark. i have interior lights as well, just wanted to add more lights inside. i did white to match the interior lights.
    can't wait to see the pics,
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Save some time & effort and get a superior connectoin buy using heat activated sealing connectors. Once sealed they are completely waterproof. Motorcycle mfgrs have been using them for years, I use them on anything that might get wet. krimpa-seal/ is just one maker, 3M is another and supplies Harley-Davidson. Genuinedealz on eBay is another good supplier for these.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Razzman; 05-06-2009 at 11:33 PM.
    2007 Mobius LSV

Ian,

did you pigtail each group of wires from a group of cup holders together and then bring them into the main power feed loop
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

These are grainy/poor cell phone photos(forgot my camera) but should give you some idea of the oznium lights in my cupholders. I think having some water bottles with no labels on them will spread the light out even more.

Another...

Very nice very nice. Im sold im going to have to order these this weekend when i get paid lol
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Quote Originally Posted by ian ashton View Post
    It is really hard to photograph LEDs to show how bright they are.

The spot light is exactly that - I aimed it at a wall ~30 feet away it lit up the entire wall, these things are a lot brighter than I expected.

The flood light has a huge range, basically lights up an entire room.

I'm definately thinking a combination of 3 and 3 of each of these across the back of the boat will look awesome.
    Hey how did those High-Intensity LED flood lights work from oznium.com work under your swim platform? We just started to mess around with LED's on our 07' outback v. If they are that cheap, why not. Im not putting my boat in a show just want to have some accent and maybe a little light for swimming. Let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by CDAMoomba View Post
    Hey how did those High-Intensity LED flood lights work from oznium.com work under your swim platform? We just started to mess around with LED's on our 07' outback v. If they are that cheap, why not. Im not putting my boat in a show just want to have some accent and maybe a little light for swimming. Let me know.
    I never installed them under the swim platform, but I did test them out one evening. The spots project about 5' into pretty merky water, I was pretty impressed by them. They are certainly not as bring as the Abyss or similar transom lights, but they did work fairly well.
    2013 Outback V

Quote Originally Posted by ian ashton View Post
    I never installed them under the swim platform, but I did test them out one evening. The spots project about 5' into pretty merky water, I was pretty impressed by them. They are certainly not as bring as the Abyss or similar transom lights, but they did work fairly well.
    Where did you place them to see them project 5 feet into the water? Just over the side of the boat?

Just curious because I am thinking of adding either the spots or the silicone strips to install under my swim platform.

Thanks, I appreciate it.