Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

SoTX, Canyon was about 12 feet low when i was up there 2 weeks ago. i am not sure how low it is after the rain from last week. the majority of the public ramps are still open.
    You may all go to Hell, and I will go to Texas.--Davy Crockett

Yah Wonderlich, I remember hearing about that guy when i showed, my dad probably knows him. I went to Navarro over in Geronimo. Though I pretty much group up in New Braunfels. Last time I went to Canyon Lake was last summer, over near where the river flows into the lake. You may have heard of it Mystic shores. Couldn't find too many places to ride though as the best spot was located right next to a boat launch. I also remember hitting bottom (scary moment) when i was like 50 yards away from shore. Luckily i didn't do any damage. I always seem to have a rough time when i visit canyon lake. rope sucked up in a jet ski. Idiots roll the jet ski and it begins to flood itself. On our old 72 yellow boat gears on the steering wheel locked up and my dad forces the steering wheel and the gears break with the steering wheel spinning freely. That is way I stick Lake Dunlap and also I as the driver.
    07 Moomba Outback

Yea I stay away from that end of the lake just for that reason. I like it over by the spillway. I absolutely love Dunlap however my daughter always breaks out in a rash after we ski there. So I do not take the family there.

Hey Birdman I was just taged on my facebook with pictures of you on Canyon by Michael Morgan. Is he on this board as well? Are you on facebook?

All over TEXAS west of I45! Living in Big Spring Texas.

Talking

Oh no! You know Morgan too. Damn, I'm sorry man! (LOL) JK He's a great guy. We were in the Marines together. Yeah, he's on here. He's TrueTexan84. I'm coming down that way tonight and we're going to Dunlap tomorrow around noon. Wanna meet up? If you have Mike's number call him. If not let me know and I'll send you my number in a PM. What a small world!
    "Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem." -Ronald Reagan
    Yes, I will be a Marine until the day that I die.

Would love to however I got work tomarrow. And in this economy I need all the work I can get. Yall have fun and we'll keep in touch.
    As for Morgan, I do not know him. He is a friend of Moomba on facebook. I got tagged with pictures from Moomba and was looking at them and saw san Antonio and then your name on one of them and made the connection. Small world indeed.

Hey Birdman where are yall putting in at on Dunlap? Under the highway or somewhere else? I usually stay away from under the highway just b/c of the current turning your boat sideways as you put in/out. I always launch near the damn at Shuman Beach Rd. It cost $5 bucks but the water is calm and easy to put in and out.
    07 Moomba Outback

You know man, I have no clue. I'm just along for the ride and bringing the boat. (LOL) But now when we go that way I'll be sure to put in near the dam at Shuman Beach Road. $5.00 isn't too bad. It's better then having to fight the water and doing something bad to the boat. When you put the price of gas up for the boat and paying to pull the boat around, what's another $5 to launch and load in calm water?
    "Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem." -Ronald Reagan

Oh yah I completely forgot GBRA is lowering Lake Dunlap 18-24inches for annual dam maintenance. It start from march 24th and ends sometime early April i believe. I sign should be posted at the launch ramp if it still under maintenance. I have never been on the lake when it has been lowered this much. So be extra cautious of stumps near the banks and the boat ramps of where they drop off. I usually goto lake placid which is like 10mins away from dunlap. I want to say this weekend it should be open though not a 100% sure.

Here is some information on Dunlap and GBRA. http://www.gbra.org/Recreation/LakeDunlap.aspx might want to contact them.
    07 Moomba Outback

Well thanks for all the info. Any word on the temp of Lake Placid this time of year?

A little cool. But you will warm up quick. Water gets warmer when you get closer to the damn. Went two weeks ago when air temp was like high 60s and cloudy and didnt need a wetsuit. No one is wearing a wetsuit this time of yr, maybe real early or late otherwise dont need it.
    07 Moomba Outback