Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ronix

Default Ronix

Anyone ever ride a Ronix board?

I want to upgrade from my 5yr old CWB board and get some better bindings.

Any suggestions?

Default ronix

I have a ronix covin 138 and love it compared to my hyperlite motive and tsd. The hyperlite boards are much heavier then the ronix. The ronix does seem to be fragile compared to the hyperlite though. I guess it all depends on what you are looking for.

I have the ronix vault with HL bindings. its a beginners board but i do like it alot for what i am currently performing

A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

I used to ride the Ronix One I still have it as a matter of fact, but I found it was a little to much board for my riding abilities =D Great product though and there 2009 line up is supposed to be top notch. I don't think you will be disappointed ask your local ronix dealer for a demo.
    RIDE: 2002 Moomba Mobius V

TOW VEHICLE: 2002 Chevy Tahoe Z71

SETUP: 2011 142 Slingshot RECOIL 2011 Slingshot RAD Boots

I rode an 09 Vault with 09 One bindings at OWC two weeks ago and thought it was a pretty good set up. The board handled good and landed soft. The bindings were super comfy. I currently ride an 06 Gator Ricky G. with 08 Murray boots.

I bought an Ibex on Ebay a couple of months ago and I am dying to get on it, I also picked up a pair of Gonzalez closed toe bindings, total setup cost $261. Ebay rocks for boards I have bought 6 setups on there and never had a problem.
    -McMoomba

2008 Outback V

I've been riding my Ibex 144 w/ the One bindings for over a year now and absolutely LOVE it!!! Great improvement over my last board ('06 Hyperlite Parks) which was still a great set-up. Good pop, super soft landings, and I can carve like never before. I pretty much would have to TRY to catch an edge for the dreaded faceplant because the edges are so forgiving. I've heard the same about the One boards also. My bindings are very cushy and comfortable. I'll never go back to open toes!

Try their stuff out, you won't regret it.
    We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion.

All over TEXAS west of I45! Living in Big Spring Texas.

I have Ronix One board and bindings. I like having the closed toe bindings, but that's to each person as for what they like. My little sister has a Ronix board and bindings but I can't remember what ones. She likes them also. The best thing to do is try and make it to a demo. Call or go online and check for dates. I'm sure if you ask they will set something up. It's their job to sell stuff. They know they have a better chance to sell something if they help you find something you like.

I lost all my gear this past summer to theft... took them right out of the board racks... I rode a ton of board/binding combos this summer and settled on a Hyperlite Imperial with LF CAB bindings. Never road a board with so much pop, and super soft landings... just try botching a landing. The CAB bindings provide a snug/responsive fit yet are tweakable and so so comfy. Just my .02

Ronix makes a pretty big lineup of boards so you may want to narrow down your search to one or two models based on your style of riding.

FWIW I rode the Ronix Frontier 140 and loved it. The board is very forgiving yet gets great pop and tracks well. The Frontier was kind of a blend between the one and covin, I think they renamed the board now but it is still a solid contender. The Covin would essentially be a little faster board and the One has a little more "buck" style pop.

Not trying to pimp my shop but if you come up to the Twin Cities we have a performance garuntee(sp?) on all of our stock boards. We are so sure we will set you up on a board that you love that we'll let you trade it out if we are wrong. You can email me if you want to check us out or if you have specific questions about a board [email protected]