Hybrid View

Default Removing the courtesy lights in my 08 LSV, wanting to add LEDs

Hello, I'm looking at adding some LEDs to my boat this spring, and want to swap out the courtesy lights to blue LEDs. My question is, are there led(s) in the existing light that can be removed and a new blue led(s) put in.

If so, how do you get the thing off? Ive pulled the carpet back, and see it is held in by screws, but i can get the chrome piece off the front and I'm afraid ill break it if i try to hard the wrong way. What has everyone else done with those courtesy lights? Is there a replacement that covers the entire hole?

Thanks
    Brian

I believe the chrome face pops off of the housing and then there is two screws. I think the leds are molded into housing. Not sure though.
    I'll buy them off ya of you want to get rid of them.

Default Courtesy light removal

Tailgait,
    I just did this to mine a month ago. Once you pull the carpet back you will see that the chrome piece has two flat prongs that slide thru the clear housing and snap into place . You just need to take a flat screwdrive and pry up the clip and push the prong out thru the housing. This will give you access to the screws. Once out you can find a blue replacement at superbrightleds.com for around 5 bucks. it completely covers the hole and has a 3M adhesive back so you don't have to drill anymore holes. You can PM me if you have any more questions.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Go Boat