Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

I bought the 07 OBV in 08 new love the boat no compalints. my buddy bought a 06 supra 21v launch late in 07 , He has had nothing but problems with it. hopefully you get a great boat that "knock on wood" has no problems... good luck Don't forget the moomba clan has the Roo, at least in spirit.
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Wow Thats Very Interesting.........can You Fill Me In On Some Of The Problems He Was Having?........and Can Anyone Comment On The 2009 Warranty As Far As Components Go?...not Motor Or Hull....everything Else...one Year Right?.....

Not being a smart*** or anything but if you want to know the differences then go to the dealer and see them for yourself. Both are excellent boats and both will get the job done admiredly. Any boat can have issues just like any car so asking to clarify is really not fair, chit happens, plain and simple.

If you have kids and expect kid things to happen then personally i'd get the Moomba simply because there's less visual bling for them to trash!

Seriously go to the dealer and touch, feel and see for yourself as nobody here can answer that like the dealer, afterall that's what he gets paid to do. Take a couple test drives. Personally i have no regrets buying the Moomba LSV over the Supra 21V, more interior space and way less stress for me.
    2007 Mobius LSV

Default water temp gauge

i just put a depth water and air temp gauge in my boat it is very nice. i can get you the make and part # if you like. the same one was in this months overtons cataloge, but it did not offer the hull mount transducer for the depth that i wanted.

Thumbs up

I looked at both boats before choosing the '08 Moomba Gravity Games XLV.

If you will spend the money on the SUPRA 21FT boat why not purchase the 23FT MOOMBA and get a bigger boat for less money.

NO BRAINER!!!

Reese350 Guest

I'm very picky about the quality of my toys. I'm on my second Moomba and never once have been disappointed with fit, finish, or quality. For the most part, it's the same components on the Moomba as it is on many of the more expensive models/brands.

To be honest, I can't imagine why anyone would buy anything other than a Moomba when you consider all factors. I checked out the low end Malibu they are building to compete with Moomba and it just screams cheap. From my experience, I don't think you will be disappointed with any aspect of a Moomba.

Ed, you need a little updating on you tat...Roo dude needs a surfboard under him
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

We Are Not Trying To Make Anyone Upset Here....and I Dig The Tattoo By The Way Bro!......i Fully Realize The "go To The Dealer And Touch/see/drive"..we Plan On It....and Yes Thats Right A Dealer "gets Paid" To Tell You All The Pluses And Benefits.....i Was Just Looking For The Real World Issues That Have Or Have Not Surfaced From Real People In The Real World Doing Real Things.....like "i Am Happy With The Boat But I Have Problems With The Hinges On The Rear Compartments After Heavy Use" Or "love The Moomba But I Noticed The Pylon Or Grab Handles Have Loosened" Etc.......but Thanks Everyone For The Input...and I Will Look Into That Air/temp Gauge From Overtons......

Default Moomba vs Supra

Ian and I also were torn between the Supra and the Moomba, as I always wanted a Supra, way back to the old Comp TS6m days. We thought that the Moomba was the "cheapie" version of a Supra, but after intensive research, found this not to be the case.

The Moomba and the Supra share the exact same assembly procedures and are built side by side under the same roof at the same speed, utilizing the same techniques and quality control.

In all honesty, we were surprised to see this, (in person) when we toured the factory. The upholstery and standard features differ, but what truly goes into the boats is indeed identical.

We chose the Moomba and could not be happier. We put over 100 hours on the boat last season and did not have one bit of trouble. The boat handles fantastic and has absolutely no squeeks, rattles or other issues. It looks and feels as good now as the day we launched it.

We use it for both skiing and for wakeboarding as I am the skier and Ian is the wakeboarder. 75% of the time that the engine is running, we are pulling something behind it!

We looked at the Malibu "Entry Level" boats at the recent Detroit boat show and were amazed at how cheap they looked and felt, even though the price was by no means cheap.

BA

Thank You Very Much For Your Input Bashton...thats The Exact Type Of Feedback We Are Looking For.....i Assume You Are Talking About The Malibu V-ride As The Entry Level Boat They Offer.....as I Said , I Owned A 2006 Malibu Vlx...and I Agree With You....the V-rides Do Indeed Feel "cheap" By Comparison........what Type Of Moomba Do You Own?......