Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Red face Moomba Or Supra?...help...

Hey Everyone,
    My Name Is Mike And My Future Wife Is Maryjane..we Are New Members From New Hampshire. I Am A Former Owner Of An 06 Malibu Vlx That I Lost In A Divorce (i Know...i Know!....lol..) We Are Looking At A Purchase In The Next Month Or So...between Moomba And Supra.....we Have Three Kids....ages 6, 9, 17...and Are Mainly Into Wakeboarding, Alot Of Tubing And Want To Get Into Wake Surfing....we Will Not Be Financing...we Managed To Save Over The Last Few Years To Pay Cash..although Not Even Close To The Inflated Msrp's......i Really Want To Know The Advantages Of A Supra Over Moomba If Any....the Choice Is Between A Launch 21v And A Mobius Lsv.....when I Read The Warranty Info For Both....it Seems Supra Covers The Motor For Four Years...hull Limited Lifetime And "other Componants For Four Years...moomba Covers These Other Things For One Year......is The Cash Being Spent On The Supra Worth It As Far As Fit And Finish...etc?.....please Help...

Both boats are made in the same building by the same people. That would leave me to believe that the quality between the boats should be the same. The biggest decision will be yours in which boat do you like better? Also, which boat do you like better for the price. Either way, you should definately test drive/ride both boats before make a purchase.

Not that I am trying to steer you away from Skiers Choice, but have you looked at Axis boats (they are made by Malibu). Only because you used to own a Malibu do I bring this up. I have no idea what cost cutting measures they took to lower their price.

Good luck
    1997 MasterCraft 205

2008 Moomba Outback
    1999 MasterCraft Sportstar OB
    1992 MasterCraft 205
    1999 Malibu Response LX
    1987 Marlin Magnum Skier

I Am Familiar With Skiers Choice And How Moomba And Supra Are Made In The Same Facility.......but Why Are The Supras More?...i Mean I Understand About The "bling Factor" As Far As Interior Etc....the Malibu Vride Is Not As "pimp" As Say The Malibu Vlx Or Lsv's......but I Am Really More Interested In A Year From Now Will The Moomba Be All Rattles And Gelcoat Cracks...i Am Meticulous As Far As Upkeep Goes....i Am Stricly Asking About Quality Of The Rest Of The Boat Besides The Hull And Motor......

The Moomba has a lifetime warranty on the hull and a 4-year warranty on the motor.

http://www.moomba.com/warranty/

Yeah I Understand The Hull/motor Warranty...i Mean The Rest Of The Boat....vinyl..stitching..switches....ballast Pumps...wakeplate Etc...the Rest Of The Boat...the Way I Read The Moomba Warranty It's Only One Year...supra Seems To Be Four Years On All That Stuff...

I have an '01 Outback that I bought used in '07 from a member of this board. Not to "toot" my own horn but the boat looks to be in nearly new condition. By that I mean the carpet, seat stiching etc. Not one piece of equiptment on the boat has ever failed me. All gauges work flawlessly including the wakeplate. Granted this boat was taken care before I bought it and since that day. My point is that it is some 8 years old and still going strong. That appears to be pretty good quality in my book.

Monty
    2001 Outback LS

" Son, I'm Captain Jack Sparrow "

Ok Awesome...thanks For Your Input....as I Said I Am Just Concerned With Build Quality Etc...i Also Take Almost Anal Care Of My Stuff Like You Do......but This Will Be The Only Boat For A Lloooonnnnggg Time So I Want To Make The Best Choice.......

I look at it like this and it may be to simplistic, but Chevrolet and Cadilac, same company Caddy is just pimp version of Chevy.
    07 Mobius LS--Razorback Red

Thats The Way I Was Thinking......so We Are Talking 15-20k More For A "pimp" Factor?......thats The Only Difference?...can Someone Tell Me If An Air/lake Temp Gauge Is Available On The Moomba?..i Cannot Seem To See That Option Listed....

If you get the Perfect Pass option it has the water temp on it. Some times it is better not to know the water temp before you jump in.
    2008 Outback V - Sold but never forgotten.
    “Do not wait; the time will never be “just right.” Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along." -Napoleon Hill