Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

After Wet Sanding, then using 3M super duty rubbing compound with an angle grinder, Polishing with McGuire's 45 Marine Polish, and using McGuire's marine Wax this is the outcome.

I got compound and other stuff all over my trailer, but it comes off pretty easy with a pressure washer.

I will be adding some custom graphics later this summer.
    Last edited by jclay5; 03-19-2009 at 03:39 PM.
    RIDE: 2002 Moomba Mobius V

TOW VEHICLE: 2002 Chevy Tahoe Z71

SETUP: 2011 142 Slingshot RECOIL 2011 Slingshot RAD Boots

Wow - I see what you mean on the fade. I'm still suspicious that it might show more on the darker/deeper colors.

Your naked blue looks pretty sharp now though! Is your boat subject to hours and hours of sitting in the sun (when not on the water)? Out here in the Pacific Northwest it's kind of hit and miss and my boat is stored in between two houses with very little direct sun hitting it so I'm hoping fading will be minimal.

The yellow on my 2001 actually has a metal flake in it too so I'm really not wanting to sand and buff.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Yes the boat spends its entire life in the sun. I keep it good and waxed, but the person who had it before me I'm not sure if he had ever waxed it. The gel coat looks and feels amazing after the job but if you look hard enough you can still see a little of the fade but you really got to look. I'm sure I can get the rest of it out I just got to find the time. Let me know how your project goes and take some pics!
    RIDE: 2002 Moomba Mobius V

TOW VEHICLE: 2002 Chevy Tahoe Z71

SETUP: 2011 142 Slingshot RECOIL 2011 Slingshot RAD Boots