Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Pimp Your Ride With Moomba’s All New Wake Wraps

Today Moomba formally revealed their all new 2009 Wake Wrap Collection for Moomba boats. Moomba’s exclusive new collection of Wake Wrap designs offer customer’s the ability to customize the colors and wrap size of their choice with the option to add custom boat numbers to match their wrap. In addition, Moomba buyers also have the opportunity to design their own custom wake wrap. The possibilities are endless thanks to Moomba’s new partnership with ZDecals.

The best part about Moomba’s Wake Wraps, other than the look, is Moomba’s partner ZDecals uses only the best materials from 3M coupled with 3M protective UV laminations and 3M approved inks. So you can expect the wrap to last at least 8+ years outdoors.

Moomba’s Collection of Wake Wraps are, well, see the designs for yourself at https://download.yousendit.com/TTZsR0lWSWhRR2V4dnc9PQ. Tell us what you think. A Moomba Owner who recently wrapped his new 2009 LSV explained, “Each time I pull up to put gas in my boat, it ends up being a 45 minute deal answering questions about the boat, it’s design, where to get it and so on.” Nice!

To get the latest and greatest in wake wraps and customization opportunities, contact your local Moomba dealer. You can find your local dealer with our dealer locator at http://moomba.com/dealer.php.

ABOUT ZDECALS
    Hmm... A little about who we are? Well, one thing is for sure, we love what we do. We don’t aim for perfection, we aim a little higher. Not sure what that would be called, but hopefully you get it. We only expect perfection from each other day in and day out. From the fresh designs from our designers, the vibrant colors that roll off our printers, to the over the top graphic installations, our customers should have no doubt that they’re dealing with the best. Now we have to be honest, the reason we go nuts on quality is we really don’t want to see your wrap back in our shop and we like it when you spread the good word. We’d rather see you catching some big air on the weekends and doing a little bragging here and there. We’re here to do one thing... create cool stuff and hear people say “how did you do that?!?” If you’re looking for something different and a team you can trust, you’ve found us
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Natalie Carrera
    Skiers Choice

Sorry Natalie, but you may not get much love from some of us here with this post regarding ZDecals.

Following was from their orginal post under Mods:

"For the amount of coverage you saw on the Mobius, and the Supra on our website, custom designed for your boat it will be $1,500 shipped to your front door. This includes UNLIMITED artwork with our designers until you say "Perfect!" Our stock designs that we are working on will be shipped out for $950 to your front door."

ZDecals has since recinded this offer and many of us who have recently asked for quotes are receiving pricing that is almost double! I had my $$ ready to go, but I doubt I'm now going to spend it with ZDecals. This is a shame as their shop is all of 20 mins from my house.

A few have had a good experience with ZDecals and their boats do look fantastic but there are plenty of shops out there that can provide the same service.

Default agree

I completely agree with wolfeman. I recieved a quote from them and it was double the original price. There are many places in my city that do a lot of boat wraps that look great for a lot less.

Reese350 Guest

Ditto. Love the wraps, wouldn't buy from Zdecals!

I think having Zdecals not jacking the price on non current models is one of the big issue's, And honor the price's they quoted. I was starting to think about a 1/4 rear rap with a big roo-kinda like Sled's but now-nope, might look local
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Quote Originally Posted by Ed G View Post
    What exactly would it take for the company to do, in order for you all to change your image of it?
    Ed,

For starters, I would like an explanation as to what happened with the pricing. Everyone makes mistakes and if Nick calculated something incorrectly, I can forgive. Maybe not forget, but forgiving is quite possible.

Then, they need to present us with a program that is reasonable. The one they have now simply is not. While other people in the business have replied on the original post under Mods, I too have an understanding of costs and ZDecals is out of line. I had a full sized Hummer wrapped for $3,000. I buy the decals sets for my company's delivery vehicles and purchase the highest quality 3M material and don't spend what ZDecals is quoting.

Here's some simple math I did for my 1/2 wrap:

12 ft long X 3 ft high = 36 ft X 2 sides = 72 sq ft (this stuff is usually done in inches, but I think most people can better understand sq ft)

installed cost quote of $2,000 - take $500 off for install (this would be a very high install cost) and you get $1,500 / 72 = $20.80 per sq ft

Many companies that post on this board work well with us. Take Chuck Yates and the Seadek team or Matt and the Leverage peeps. This situation is just the opposite and, quite frankly, I am surprised Skier's Choice is now promoting ZDecals on this board. Maybe they can get this fixed and help me forget.

Default skiers choice

From my understanding that I have read on other boards is that they have to charge this price on skiers choice products. If you have a mastercraft or other boat make you can get it at the original quoted prices. The way I see it is they should not have started quoting prices until everything was set in stone. But the prices are way out of line so I will not be changing my mind and going with Zdecals. As much as I would like to support a company that is for skiers choice I cant. I will go with a local company that does a lot of boat wraps here in jacksonville.

agreed ... will be doing the same in seattle ...

Quote Originally Posted by 98outback View Post
    From my understanding that I have read on other boards is that they have to charge this price on skiers choice products. If you have a mastercraft or other boat make you can get it at the original quoted prices. The way I see it is they should not have started quoting prices until everything was set in stone. But the prices are way out of line so I will not be changing my mind and going with Zdecals. As much as I would like to support a company that is for skiers choice I cant. I will go with a local company that does a lot of boat wraps here in jacksonville.

Default cutting boat wrap

Did anyone see the video where they put the liquid force wrap on the boat at the factory? Did you notice them cutting the bottom off with a razorblade? If you have to remove the wrap no for some reason you are going to have that cut line on your gelcoat. I would not be to happy with this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DX-hJav_uc8
    Last edited by 98outback; 03-27-2009 at 10:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 98outback View Post

What? So the same product for a different (same sized) boat is cheaper? Is the implication that SC is charging them a premium to use their trademark or something, or am I misunderstanding your post?
    2013 Outback V