Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: about to buy

Default Replying to Topic 'about to buy'

I have the 2003 Mobius LSV. Backing all in-bord boats is the same. I haven't had any trouble with my boat in choppy water, then again I avoid choppy water like the plague. Wakeboarding is made for smoother water. I have the wake plate, extra-large ballast, and every option that you can think of on this boat. You will love this boat, and the price is awesome. I haven't found a single trick that can't be done behind this boat. I have several friends taht are sponsored and have competed in Pro events. They all love the wake that we can make behind this boat, and it is a very big wake!

Have Fun!
    Nate

Being a first time boat owner I had great trepidations about handling our new 2004 Mobius LSV. However, I have found that it isn't as hard as I thought. As others have said, a V-drive (as most ski/wake board boats) do not steer via the steering wheel in reverse. Reverse, by the nature of the prop direction, pulls to the starboard side. Now, I have been told that Nautiques are the exact reverse of this, pulling to the port side on reverse. So, docking pretty much has to be approached from the left of the dock. If you go from the right, your reverse will pull away from the dock. So far we have gone out on Lake Travis 3 times, but we are mostly hitting Lake Austin, putting in at the 360 bridge. As you probably know if you boat at Canyon Lake, Lake Travis is a very large lake. We haven't hit real bad chop yet, but the wake plate really makes a difference in rideability in choppy water. The dealer indicated that the best way to go thru large wakes is to power thru (and having done so, he was right). We have not had any water over the bow or stern yet, even with the factory ballast full.
    Shoe

Leaving my slip requires me to back straight out for fair distance before I can go forward, which like everyone has said takes some getting used in an inboard. A trick I use is to crank the wheel all the way to the right when backing up. As the boat backs up it will turn slightly starboard and when it gets too far I nudge the boat into forward which (by having the wheel cranked to the right) straightens it right out. By repeating this process you will have no problem backing up.
    2006 Outback V