Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Sled491 Guest

Default Underwater Transom Lights

Hey, I'm thinking of getting these. I know a bunch of you have been thinking the same thing, these might be worth checking out.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...3AIT&viewitem=

ya the lights are nice the site is great i got lots of stuff from them.i put a thread in with a picture two weeks ago
    Attached Images Attached Images

Those sure sound resonable on price, do you have to drill a monster sized hole or just big enough for wire to fit thru. i could not tell from ebay
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Quote Originally Posted by moombadaze View Post
    Those sure sound resonable on price, do you have to drill a monster sized hole or just big enough for wire to fit thru. i could not tell from ebay
    Nope, they are surface mount so you just have to drill a hole for the actual wire, and 5 small screw holes to hold them in place.
    2013 Outback V

Before anybody jumps to buy these the first thing i would do is contact Ken at Bullet Lines and see if he can supply a group buy price. I know he did this for the Tigéowners forum at $139 each. Second realize the picture above is actually the Abyss lights on mastercrafts and i know the lumens are almost the same between the two. Lumens being lumens, that doesn't neccessarily mean they will project the same, get pics of both to make sure. Here's the specs and sites ...

Abyss; Standard on Mastercraft Boats the S 600b specs are:
    Model S 600: (Stainless Steel) flood wide angle illuminates up to * 30 feet around the transom area.
    6 LED – 12 watt will draw only 1 Amp at 12 volts.
    Large 100 degrees angle, 350 Lumens at 7200 Kelvin.
    Diameter 3 1/8 (80 m/m) thickness 9/16 (15 m/m)
    http://www.abysslite.com/underwater-lights.php

Bullet Lines 1020:
    Color: Blue or White
    Lights up to 30' of water.
    Water proof stainless steel casing
    Easy installation.
    Low power consumption
    Lumens: 360
    Voltage: DC 12V
    Power: 6W
    Peak Angle: 180 degrees
    http://www.bulletlines.com/servlet/t...s--dsh-/Detail

So my take on these is they are a waste on a wakeboat on inland waters. They are cool on the ocean or coastal waterways as you can drive at speed to enjoy them, but lakes and rivers have speed limits after dusk and in California it's 15mph. So unless i'm gonna party on the boat all night and be pimp daddy what would i need them for?

Also remember they will most not look like the above pic on inland waters unless you're on one of those super clear lakes. The ocean is more clear and light radient than any lake i have around me.

Not tryin' to ruin anybody's thunder, just tryin' to make all aware before you plop down the green for these ... I'm just sayin ...
    2007 Mobius LSV

great response/info (although i'd like to see you as a pimp daddy). i decided.

Quote Originally Posted by Razzman View Post
    Before anybody jumps to buy these the first thing i would do is contact Ken at Bullet Lines and see if he can supply a group buy price. I know he did this for the Tigéowners forum at $139 each. Second realize the picture above is actually the Abyss lights on mastercrafts and i know the lumens are almost the same between the two. Lumens being lumens, that doesn't neccessarily mean they will project the same, get pics of both to make sure. Here's the specs and sites ...

Abyss; Standard on Mastercraft Boats the S 600b specs are:
    Model S 600: (Stainless Steel) flood wide angle illuminates up to * 30 feet around the transom area.
    6 LED – 12 watt will draw only 1 Amp at 12 volts.
    Large 100 degrees angle, 350 Lumens at 7200 Kelvin.
    Diameter 3 1/8 (80 m/m) thickness 9/16 (15 m/m)
    http://www.abysslite.com/underwater-lights.php

Bullet Lines 1020:
    Color: Blue or White
    Lights up to 30' of water.
    Water proof stainless steel casing
    Easy installation.
    Low power consumption
    Lumens: 360
    Voltage: DC 12V
    Power: 6W
    Peak Angle: 180 degrees
    http://www.bulletlines.com/servlet/t...s--dsh-/Detail

So my take on these is they are a waste on a wakeboat on inland waters. They are cool on the ocean or coastal waterways as you can drive at speed to enjoy them, but lakes and rivers have speed limits after dusk and in California it's 15mph. So unless i'm gonna party on the boat all night and be pimp daddy what would i need them for?

Also remember they will most not look like the above pic on inland waters unless you're on one of those super clear lakes. The ocean is more clear and light radient than any lake i have around me.

Not tryin' to ruin anybody's thunder, just tryin' to make all aware before you plop down the green for these ... I'm just sayin ...

Quote Originally Posted by meech View Post
    great response/info (although i'd like to see you as a pimp daddy). i decided.
    OK! That's not one your likely to see!
    2007 Mobius LSV

Sled491 Guest

I agree that for my application it would be for sitting around at night on the lake enjoying some sort of beverage. My lake is extrememly clear (thanks zebra muscles ) and I believe I would get a decent effect from them. I'm also aware that they were showing a stock picture from Mastercraft, but based on the specs you posted the Bullet lights show more lumens by 10 so they should be brighter, no?

As for the group buy thing excellent. Who's gonna get that puppy rolling?

I've been looking at these lights as well... Just couldnt justify the big price tag... One lake is pretty clear the other is not too bad? Pimp daddy no but it would be pretty cool to sit and drink beers and perhaps a bit of swimming lights? So sled who did you say was taking on this group buy??

Sled491 Guest

I thought I heard your name come up?