Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thanks for all the input everyone! Deerfield I would agree the caddy would be tough to move around. Almost impossible to get it back in the truck by yourself. I think I will look at siphons at Walmart first, but I'm leaning towards the offroad jugs and fill hose with valve. Maybe I'll make my own fill hose based on the distance between the fill hole on the boat and swim platform/rear cushion. Thanks again for the ideas.

Kurt
    2008 LS

Quote Originally Posted by 04OUTBACK View Post
    The guy I bought my outback from used a 5 gal jug and siphon.. there is a inexpensive siphon hose at auto zone/ wal mart that easily primes. he would put the gas on the sundeck and transfer into the tank.
    I think the gas cans for atv/mc;s would work better than the normal 5 Gal gas cans..
    BWebb - this is the trick!

http://www.overtons.com/modperl/prod...=wonder%20pump

I have had the expensive, wheeled caddies and can tell you that they are hard to work on uneven surfaces and steep terain. Get the $5, 5 gal cans from WalMart and one of these pumps. Put a towel on the sunpad, put the gas can on the towel, take the cap/spout off the can, inset the tubing into the fuel fill and the other end with the brass fitting/pump into the can, shake a few times to start the flow, then find something to do for about 3 mins.

I first thought this was stupid and wouldn't work, but it really is an easy way to get the boat filled fast and easy.

I am thinking you guys need Nascar cans and a good gas-man. Call ahead on the radio, hit the dock, gas and go. 5.3 seconds, enough time to pee or have another cold beverage.

Thanks Wolfeman looks like a great solution.

Kurt: What part of Montana are you in? I recently purchased a place in Whitefish. Planning to send some time on NW Montana lakes this summer.

I find having an electric pump makes the refueling easy. Put the weighted hose into the gas can and the other hose into the tank and plug it in and 2-3 minutes and your done. No mess, no fuss.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I have two of these and they work great, empty fast too.

http://www.pu-products.com/puproductsllc_009.htm
    2007 Mobius LSV

4 5-gallon jugs and a syphon pump is what I use.
    2008 Mobius LSV Blue and Black.

Wolfeman sounds like a great inexpensive solution. I want my back sore from skiing and surfing not filling up the boat! ...... Although RobertJ's idea is intriguing. Guy would have to refill the cooler as well!!!

ICwater we live 10 miles south of Whitefish, just north of Kalispell. Spend most of our boating time at Mcgregor about 35 miles west of Kalispell. Whitefish Lake is nice but can be really crowded. Are you in Calgary or Lethbridge?
    2008 LS

Whitefish Lake is nice but can be really crowded. Are you in Calgary or Lethbridge?[/QUOTE]

We live in Lethbridge. Have a place at Monterra on the south edge of Whitefish. Don't see us doing much boating on whitefish lake because of the traffic. May have to check out MacGregor.