Hybrid View

Default Upgrading from gravity 1 to 3

Ok so i am looking to upgrade from Gravity 1 to a gravity 3 and wanted to know if anyone had any ideas. Below is a layout of what i will do with a pic.

I will replace the current pump with a Jabsco pump that will fill and empity.

Add 3 more valves. One for each side and an extra one for adding another sac for surfing.

Wire the whole system up. Yet to be figured out but it is just wires and who cares if one bag fills when one is drainned.

I do not know if i would need to overfill holes / air holes. Would make it easy to see when the bags are full by the water flowing out the side of the boat.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2008 Outback V - Sold but never forgotten.
    “Do not wait; the time will never be “just right.” Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along." -Napoleon Hill

I don't think the system would drain. Flow through the solenoid valves is directional.

I like the 4th bag surf set up.. I have an extra valve that I planned to add to fill a surf bag.. just have not made it a priority!

Interesting set up..
    Brad

2011 Launch 21V Sold... boatless replaced with a Jeep JKUR
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV sold
    2004 Outback sold

How does the stock gravity III system route the overfill/vent? The stock bags only have two fittings in the bags, fill and empty, yet when they get full they empty out the side thru hull fitting?
    2008 Supra 22V

Best I can tell is that when a sac gets full, it will create enough pressure to push through the empty pump.. There is not a true "overflow" as there is in the 09 systems with reversible pumps..
    Brad

2011 Launch 21V Sold... boatless replaced with a Jeep JKUR
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV sold
    2004 Outback sold

VA LSV - Good point.

Does anyone know what the 09's use for the solenoid's so that the water can be drainned from the same pump?
    2008 Outback V - Sold but never forgotten.
    “Do not wait; the time will never be “just right.” Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along." -Napoleon Hill

Quote Originally Posted by jester View Post
    Ok so i am looking to upgrade from Gravity 1 to a gravity 3 and wanted to know if anyone had any ideas. Below is a layout of what i will do with a pic.

I will replace the current pump with a Jabsco pump that will fill and empity.

Add 3 more valves. One for each side and an extra one for adding another sac for surfing.

Wire the whole system up. Yet to be figured out but it is just wires and who cares if one bag fills when one is drainned.

I do not know if i would need to overfill holes / air holes. Would make it easy to see when the bags are full by the water flowing out the side of the boat.
    Jester,
    Get rid of the sprinkler valves. Two ways to upgrade. You can use 3 pumps to fill and three pumps to drain. Or you can use the Jabsco reversable pumps. They have their own valves in them so water will not drain out. If you go with the fist way that I mentioned, there is a few more steps than just adding more pumps and getting rid of the sprinkler valves. I have pictures of my install in my profile if you like to take a peak.
    Tazz
    Tazz 07' Moomba LSV --Kicker Marine Amps (MX700.5 & MX350.4) 6 polk DB651 speakers, 4 MB Quartz Marine Speakers, 10" Boston Acoustic Sub, Z-5 Cargo Rack, Custom Speaker/Light Bar, modified ballast system, Custom LED Rings
    Live life to the extreme and no less!!

Tazz, I think Jester already did this upgrade. It was a march 09 post that pmoomba ask a question to bring it forward.
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold