I am looking to purchase an economic ski boat, and as a result, have wound up looking mainly at Moomba boats .

The only problem that I have, is despite my research (including browsing this website), I can't determine the significant differences between the Outback v. Outback LS v. Mobius? I am not looking for a V-Drive, so I am only comparing the stern drives; however, between those, I haven't noticed significant differences.

I did see one matrix of specifications, but it didn't really point out significant differences as far as included features and such.

Does anyone have a link, or additional comparitive information?

Also, I was wondering how much has changed (and approximately what year) so that I could determine whether I could get away with a pre-owned Moomba. I am presently looking at a 1999 Outback.

I was wondering whether Balast tanks are included on most models, and if this isn't included on all boats, whether there is a factory addition that can be done to enable the feature - possibly on older Moomba's as well?

One last item - I've read a few messages where people have mentioned PerfectPass. Is this an option on Moomba boats? Is it standard on any of the models?

Thank you all, in advance, for any suggestions!
-Rusten