Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Cheap temporary repair is to use black caulk to fill, then cover with cellophane and smooth. Peel the plastic off when the caulk sets up. This won't last forever but will keep it from being so unsightly till you make up your mind about replacement.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Ok so I need to fix this so I can sell my boat (looking to upgrade). Dealer quoted between 800 and 1k to fix, as it's not only the outer rub rail but the piece that holds the rub rail. My question for the board is does anyone know the manufacturer of the rub rail assembly? Seems like a job that can be done with a bit of time and patience, but looking at West Marine, iboats.com, etc. has me overwhelmed with choices. I assume I can get this info from the dealer, but if not ordering through them I'd rather get if from you guys if possible.

it should be taco marine rubrail. i ordered some direct from skier's choice both the rubrail and the insert. you will need to start in the back and 1st remove the insert then unscrew the actual rail.

i used a heat gun to do the install.

maybe a 6 hour job.

I replaced the rub rail on an old boat quite awhile ago. I pulled the center section of the rub rail out and found the rub rail holder was held in place by big rivets. I drilled them out, that took the longest amount of time and there was a lot of them. When I installed the new one, i bought the same size rivets and most of them worked, I did need a few oversized rivets for theholes that were too big for originals. Idont know if the moomba is the same as the old 80's ?? cobra jet.

Does anyone have a number to Skier's Choice where I could order direct? I assume I can tell them my boat year and model and they can match it. Also, anyone know an approximate cost?

Only number listed 865.983.9924

They may sell direct but don't be suprised if they won't, they'll probably redirect you to a local dealer.
    2007 Mobius LSV

the part guru at sc is anthony cooper. if he is still around.

Payson , Arizona/Arvada , Colorado/Montana

Default Rub rail

Almost had the same thing happen Saturday . Wife drives boat onto trailer backed in a little too deep. Busy at the ramp and she started in towards the trailer about 150' out at an idle and never put it in neutral at all . If you don't keep it in forward gear the boat will lose steering , I tried to explain to her that if you put it in forward for a while then neutral it will keep the speed down so the boat doesn't hit the trailer so fast. Jim .
    05 Mobius lsv , ballast system , stereo, etc..

Another thing ill do for trailering also is aim a little to the right of the center of the trailer. Keeping it in gear and just as you are about to get to the trailer you can use reverse to slow you down..it will pull the nose to the center of the trailer then i grab the guide poles on the trailer to center the boat and pull it into the trailer a bit.

Then drive it up the rest slow and easy
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Those guide rails on the trailer on your friend. I finally got my wife to understand that. She can actually drive the boat onto the trailer pretty good now. But I do not want her powering the boat all the way to the roller unless we are a little shallow and the boat is alread resting on the trailer half way. As long as we can get within a foot of the roller I will winch it the rest of the way unless it's really difficult then I will ask her to give it a little power to assist. Powering the boat all the way to the roller is never in a good idea in my opinion since bad things can and will happen. I always think people that power their boats all the way up the roller are risky.