Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: DIY fake a lake

Does anyone have any information on the volume (gph) that the raw water pump produces? I've made a garden hose adaptor that connects to the raw water pump inlet for winterizing and redeployment in the spring. I find that the garden hose begins to collapse and I'm worried that the pump on the sand point well at my cabin can't provide sufficient flow volume to meet the demands of the pump at idle.
    Note: posted same reply on another thread.
    Why can't there be a "No Fishing" curfew for us skiers?
    2007 Outback; 325 Assault

Sled491 Guest

I find that hard to believe as I just barely turn on my hose with the fake lake set up and still have back pressure squirting out. Are you somehow bypassing the thermostat?

Smile

I tend to agree as too much pressure and water gets wasted and more importantly the engine actually has a hard time coming up to a reasonable running temp.

I made the water hose attachment to the cooler as well. I have not had any trouble with the hose not keeping up?? I have a spare fake a lake if somone wants it. I wont go back after using the attachment I made??

Quote Originally Posted by aintskeered View Post
    I made the water hose attachment to the cooler as well. I have not had any trouble with the hose not keeping up?? I have a spare fake a lake if somone wants it. I wont go back after using the attachment I made??
    Please share some pictures of the attachment gadget to the cooler. I want to do a engine start before driving to the water next week.

I am afraid I dont have any pic's yet... I didnt take any when I built it and right now the boat is still in storage? I am trying to get it out and back home this week. If I do I will take some picks and send ya,

I'll take some pix and post them later tonight of my adaptor.

Here are pix of the adapter I made. I started witha 1-1/4" ID radiator hose. Used a PVC (not CPVC) Sch40 1" to 3/4" reducer to "plug-in" to the ID of the radiator hose. Fit perfect! Wrapper the male end of the short garden hose extension with teflon tape and screwed it into the ID of the Sch40 reducer. I let the male end of the garden hose act as a tap to cut their own threads and I assembled.
    Works great - no leaks.
    To use, remove the hose from the raw water pump inlet and replace with the adapter. Connect to your garder hose and turn the water on.
    I don't worry about the fake lake slide off or lossing compression as I get in and out of the boat (which tends to raise or lower the boat relative to the ground).
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks for the pictures.

I have a VDrive, and it appears that it would be alot easier to disconnect on the VDrive and add the hose adapter.

I wonder if any issues with too much water pressure. I have about 55psi at the facet.

Mcdye, I am thinking thats exactially where I attach mine.. If I recal correctly the raw water goes through the V drive then to the impellar and engine. As for the pressure dont know there? Have somone turn on the valve to just where you need it for the flow.... Geeze I have been away from my moomb for to long guess I better go get her!!!