Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: looking to buy

Default looking to buy

I am in the market to buy a new 2008 moomba outback V. There are a couple of dealers out there with some in their inventory. What would be a good price to pay for a basic boat and then one with let's say a wake plate, ballast III system and upgraded stereo. With what they claim to be $7000 in add ons and before my trade in the best deal I was told was $34000. Is that a good deal or what is? Thanks. Tom

Tom
    If you have a list of the add on's on the boat, you can use the boat builder tool ( http://www.moomba.com/configurator/c...p?boat_id=1004 )
    and you'll have to log in to get pricing.
    An '09 Outback V with no add on options is $34,995 MSRP. I think the '08s were $33k or $34k standard plus options. base OB V would not include Tower, ballast, stereo, etc
    You can spec it out on there and see what it would be...
    Sounds pretty good to me if it is $34k with tower, ballast, stereo, a cover, and a wake plate... Perfect pass would be quite nice to have, but Moomba cruise is better than no cruise! You can add Perf Pass and tower speakers later much easier than you could add ballast or a wake plate..
    Brad

2011 Launch 21V Sold... boatless replaced with a Jeep JKUR
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV sold
    2004 Outback sold

Default looking to buy

So what makes the 09 that much better and what will i want to add to an 08?

This is my first new boat purchase. I know what the MSRP is on the 08 but I didn't know how much wiggle room there is in price. Is it like buying a car where you can save thousands off of the msrp? In this economy should I be driving harder deal?

Thanks. Tom

Do a search on "Martha" and follow the history of Ed's new 2009. All the info you need and lots of photos too.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Ed's right the 09 has changed dramatically

I bought an new OBV 07 in the winter of 08. paid 35k with 6k of options included. tower, wake plate, stereo, ballast I etc.

diff econmy now you could probably get a slightly better deal if you push.

my .02

BTW it was my first new boat as well and i love it.
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Ed, while your positive reviews of your boat and Moomba in general is greatly appreciated by the members of this board and the wakeboat community lets look at at a couple of other items to consider before touting the advantages of the 09' Outback V over the previous years Outback V/ Outback LSV.

1/ a great number of people own the pre 09' hull and despite the detractions of some are extremely happy.
    2/ the dealer pipeline is full of 08' product that needs to go. Watersports of Central Florida, as of this am, lists 2 2008's and 4 2009's in stock. I'm sure Bob would like to move the 08's.
    3/ The original poster stated that the price he was quoted was $34k after his trade. Trades are a big/big deal nowadays. What is the trade? Is it F&C? The commonly used floorplan company for used is gone, so the dealer would have to have the cash on hand to trade.
    4/Boat builders are hurting right now, across all the lines/types. To move/sell product on dealers lots right now wlll be the only saving grace for the industry, including Skiers Choice.

So Tom, if you are happy with the boat, the dealer, the deal, go for it. Moomba is a great product and Skiers Choice a great company. Afterall SPRING IS SPRINGING. Bill

Default looking to buy

The price was actually $34000 before the trade in. I am going to test drive the 08 and 09 and probably the mobius before I commit, I just wanted to find out what a good deal would be in this economy. I know that all of them will be a lot better than my current boat. Please keep the posts coming. Thanks. Tom

Tn, hate to say but either boat is great-yes the 09's have some great upgrades but if you can save a good amount of money get the 08 and enjoy-really cant go wrong. I had a 03 lsv-same hull as the outback v for 08 and with this boat you can do it all. Test drive both and get the one that "feels" right for you and the family. Like i said either boat is great and will give a lot of fun on the water
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Where do you plan to keep the boat when not in use. If in the garage, you should consider overall length and height.
    The 08 model is over a year old and an "old" design. I know that I would rather have the newest model, but you should look at both boats and decide what you like best.

If you read under the "About Moomba", you will see that the boat is already thousands of dollars less ($10-20K) than competitors. This also means there aren't thousands of dollars of wiggle room. Also, list the $6K in options for us.
    Bottom line is, if you are happy with the deal, then it's a good deal. No matter what you buy, there is always something better coming out soon.
    1997 MasterCraft 205

2008 Moomba Outback
    1999 MasterCraft Sportstar OB
    1992 MasterCraft 205
    1999 Malibu Response LX
    1987 Marlin Magnum Skier

Default 2008 Outback v

Tom,

I have spent about the last two months looking at 2008 Outback Vs. I found one with most all the popular options (wake plate, ballast, tower, stereo) and got a price of $34,000, also. After a lot of debate, we actually ended up ordering a 2009. Good luck!