Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New here

Default New here

Hey all,

I finally got my DD boat a couple months ago and cannot wait to get it out on the water. It is a 2002 outback with 74 hours on it. I am planning on ordering a MT2 monster tower in a couple days and installing it myself. I built my own tower on my last boat so hopefully i can install the MT2 with no problems. Maybe with a wetsuit and a few beers by the end of march we will be on the water.

Welcome! Where are you from? Any pics of the boat? 74 hours is like new!
    2013 Outback V

I am from Broken Arrow Oklahoma, here is one pic on the day i bought it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

jjerod - Welcome to the Moomba family. Nice boat! A classic. - Deerfield
    2007 Outback - SOLD June 2016
    2012 RAM Crew Cab
    2015 Subaru Forester
    Stuart

"When you first start out with something new, you're always a little uptight." - Don Rickles

Quote Originally Posted by jjerrod View Post
    Hey all,

I finally got my DD boat a couple months ago and cannot wait to get it out on the water. It is a 2002 outback with 74 hours on it. I am planning on ordering a MT2 monster tower in a couple days and installing it myself. I built my own tower on my last boat so hopefully i can install the MT2 with no problems. Maybe with a wetsuit and a few beers by the end of march we will be on the water.
    Awesome, Finally I am not (1 LONELY OKIE MOOMBA) owner. Definitely we got to meet at Skiatook, Oolagha or somewhere. Welcome to da Moomba klan. Lots of good Mods and advice here and a lot of laughs. Look at New Dimensions for a Tower I just installed mine last month. Look at the Modification board there's pics. second on the BEER.
    We like to MOOMBA MOOMBA!

1LOKMOOMBA, Skiatook lake is good with me, ive been meaing to to try that lake out. I usally go to fort gibson or tenkiller.

Very nice. I love the blue. I bought a '01 Outback LS with 117 hours on it in August 2007 and it has been a great boat. In one month and one season, it now has nearly 190 hours on it and we liked it so much we actually bought a lake cabin to go with it.

Put a monster tower MT2 on it the weekend before Memorial Day last year. Overall like it a lot. It looks better (to me) than the standard rad-a-cage that goes on the boat, and I like the attachment points better. However, for the first month or so I did have to tighten it fairly often. The main drawback is that due to the narrowness between the two front legs, you can't get a very big tower bimini on it unless you go over the top. The standard rad a cage for that boat is wider and you can buy a bigger tower bimini. It is available from the new dimensions website.

If I had it to do over, I'd still buy the mt2, but I thought I would give you my 2 cents on the pros and cons. By the way, I bought the new monster tower cargo rack bimini but haven't installed it yet. If you buy the mt2 tower, you'll need to get the smaller size bimini, but if you buy the new dimension, I THINK you will be able to get the larger bimini.

If you want to see what the MT2 looks like on a very similar boat, you can check out hte monster tower website and look for hte mt2 pictures under Moomba - the maroon and beige boat is mine.

Good luck and enjoy the boat.
    Last edited by volfo; 03-07-2009 at 12:36 AM.

i went to monster's website and saw your boat. Looks pretty good, thanks for the info on the MT2. Did you install it yourself? I am kind of nervous drilling holes in my new to me boat.

I did the install myself. My Dad and I did it. It took us twice as long as they say it will, but we were extremely careful and measured everything about 10 times before we drilled. It's not an easy job but it's not too bad. If you've installed a tower before, I would say you could do it in the time they say with one helper. There might be a spot or two where it would be handy to have a 3rd.

Here is a link to another post I made that shows some pictures of my install:

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread....8330#post38330

Congrats on the purchase and welcome! That is one fine looking Moomba.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!