Hybrid View

Default Moving Gauges - Tips?

I have seen many posts over the last couple years of those that have changed the location of the gauges. I would like to swap locations of my wake plate gauge with the temp gauge. Can anybody offer some quick tips / pointers / photos for this mod that might save me some frustration (and fuses).

Much appreciated!

Jon,

I should be working on moving my gauges this weekend. One thing i would say is make sure you label everything. Other then that it should be a simple move of just unconnecting, unscrewing, cutting zip ties and messing with wires and reinstalling. I should have some photo's up on Monday of the project.
    2008 Outback V - Sold but never forgotten.
    “Do not wait; the time will never be “just right.” Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along." -Napoleon Hill

Jon,

Be ready to cut wires. All i did this weekend is trace wires becasue with how my gauges are wired up is that all the gauge wires are mixed in with all the rest of the wires. What this means is that 1 or 2 of the cables going to a guauge are on one side of the wire bundle and the rest are mixed in the bundle.

Other then the wire issue to pull the gauges is easy. Just 2 nuts on the back side of the gauge you just undo the gauge will slide out and you more the gauge and the bracket to the new spot.
    2008 Outback V - Sold but never forgotten.
    “Do not wait; the time will never be “just right.” Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along." -Napoleon Hill