Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default WakePlate Gauge Won't Work!!

So I have wired it according to customer service, the plate works as it should but I can't even get the light to come on on the thing. I have tested it with a multimeter it is getting power and the ground is good. Just not getting any read out or whatever. This is the newer style that requires no little box/signal driver thing.

I would probably even send someone the gauge to see if it will plug in and work in their boat, if someone is willing.

Thanks

BTW: It is a 04' LSV but the wakeplate was added later

I will be working with my gauges this weekend and will try to post a few pic on Saturday night, Sunday or Monday after work. I have a 2008 outback V. The wake plate is the hydraulic pump one not the electrical one.
    2008 Outback V - Sold but never forgotten.
    “Do not wait; the time will never be “just right.” Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along." -Napoleon Hill

I am not sure if mine is the electric or hydraulic one. Any way to tell?

There should be hoses going to the wakeplate from a pump. The electric should only has wires. I don't have the electric so i really don't know the setup.
    “Do not wait; the time will never be “just right.” Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along." -Napoleon Hill

i think electric but i'll double check it monday

Warwagon,

I dont have any pic's since my camera is dead but i was able to look at the wires for you and i hope this helps.

from the guage you should have 4 wires. a red, black, purple and green. The red and Back look like they are for the backlight when your NAV lights are on.

The purple i was not able to trace it back. Might also be part of the NAV light system.

The Green wire has 3 wires inside the green cover. This runs to the back of the boat. Looks like it runs to the wake plate its self. It does not run to the pump for the wake plate. I would bet these sets of wires are what is used for the gauage.

From the wakeplate Up Down control you have 4 wires. One is red and splits off but the rest run to the back of the boat to the wakeplate pump that is on the right side if your looking at the engine from inside the boat.

Sorry i dont have any pic's but i hope this helps you out. I would make sure the Green jacket wires run to the back of the boat are connected.

Thanks Jester. Mine is the hydro unit I didn't realize the the pump was what it was. Now the only difference between mine and yours is that I don't have the red wire, mine is blue. Here is how I have mine wired/ if you look at the plug and the back of the gauge you will see these small numbers:

6. Ign. Power/Purple 1. Signal Wire from Ram/One of the Green Covered wires
    5. Ground/Black 2. Signal Wire from Ram/Other of the Green Covered wires
    4. Blue/Illumination 3. Empty Slot

Now there is a unshielded ground in that green bundle that you have to ground, which I have mine grounded. I am just begining to think the gauge is bad, the illumination won't even work and I know the ground is good.

Who knows I am thinking about calling customer service again and seeing if I could send them the gauge and see if they will test it for me! Sucks being 3 hours from a dealer!

Have you tested your grounds? If the back light does not work when the NAV lights are truned on then i would go more for a bad ground.

yeah i tested them with the multi meter.

Woo Hoo i called SC again today and talked with someone else who gave me some different information on the wiring! So I swapped the power and ground with the signal wires and viola! Gauge works!