Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Newty,

What size of solenoid's do you have? The 1" or 3/4"? Also kind of off subject what type of drain pump are you using?
    Last edited by jester; 02-23-2009 at 03:17 PM. Reason: spelling error
    2008 Outback V - Sold but never forgotten.
    “Do not wait; the time will never be “just right.” Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along." -Napoleon Hill

Smile

This may be a dumb question. I could not really see and I do not really know too much about pumps. What kind of pumps did you use? Also this is all automatic with the flip of a switch right? Great job. It looks really clean and well thought out.

Ian I tried the what you are talking about and the water doesn't flow back so easy, that is why I did the extra empty pump.

Jester those are the factory 3/4" solenoids. Tell you the truth about the discharge pump I have no idea what kind it is. I found it @ salvation army for $5. It had a crack in the housing that someone tried to epoxy and it didn't work. I cleaned all the epoxy off and re-epoxyed the housing correctly. I believe its a 900 gph. I see that pump with hoses on ebay all the time sold as a ballast kit.

Wakeboard89 I used a second Rule live well pump wired up to the existing factory rule live well pump.
    Yes it is all flip of a switch. The only electrical changes I made was splice the second fill pump into the original. So when I turn 1 on they both turn on.
    The new bow discharge pump still has the cigarette lighter plug which I have hidden and have laying right next to the outlet near the drivers seat. I didn't want to put any perminent switches in until I knoew everything is proven and works efficiently.

What a great idea to 'T' off of the existing thru hull fitting newty! It's simple and looks clean. I'm realy curious to hear how well it works! It makes sense that those two pumps should be able to nearly double the flow. Make sure you post when you water test it. I'd definately like to do something similar.

Newty, how hard was it to get the old pipe out and install the "T"?

I was looking at my thru hull and it allmost looks like there is a reducer on it to get to the 3/4 pipe size. Its hard to tell in your pictures if you had that or not.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

It looks like a reducer but it is all one piece. Just unplug the pump and pull the hose off. Then spin the valve and 90 off the thru-hull. The fitting is set up so if you need a 1 inch thru-hull, you can cut the 3/4" portion off and thread on a 1" fitting. The inner diameter of the thru-hull is 3/4. Make sense?

Quote Originally Posted by newty View Post
    The inner diameter of the thru-hull is 3/4. Make sense?

yes, thanks
    Hey, Its Moomba time

13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Newty, what size is the second fill pump-gph?

check my math if you could
    one pump 1200gph=20 gallons per minute
    750lb bag
    water weighs 8.35pounds per gallon
    need 89.8 gallons to fill 750lb bag
    89.8 gallons needed at 20gpm =4.49 minutes to fill.
    so with two fill pumps 1/2 the time roughly -say 2.5 to 3 minutes to fill???? that would be very impresive.

does this sound correct
    Last edited by moombadaze; 03-03-2009 at 11:56 AM.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold

If you are referring to the second pump I added to my system then I'm not sure. Its a factory SC fill pump. I believe they are 750gph.

Sounds like you've got it. You may have problems getting that just because you are limited to 3/4" line and you will still lose a little flow through your valves. Even after all that, your flow will considerably better! 4 minutes realistically but that's way fast for a auto system.
    If you upgraded to 1 or 1 1/4 your flow would increase considerably. But then you will need to buy new 1" fittings for the bag and such. Then its all about bang for the buck. How much time and money are you willing to spend to gain an extra 1 minute of fill time.
    I think after what we have found we will be be feeling pretty good about fill times.

I just picked up a set of wheels for the boat and now I need tires and spacers/adapters. So my next money spent will be going toward that.
    These are the wheels I picked up. What do you think? They should pretty pimpy!

http://www.buywheelstoday.com/images...cts/L_4231.jpg

i really wonder about the pumps now-- i can not find a definitive answer on the size they are.

wheels and some low profile tires will look pimpin. pics please when you get them on. you have a double axle trailer right?
    Last edited by moombadaze; 03-03-2009 at 08:32 PM.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold