Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Daze...
    Cool set-up, however... I've been a union plumber/pipefitter for 12 years and I cringed when I saw the galvanized fittings and pipe that you have installed. When you get a chance, please change them out to brass. The galvy WILL rust inside and out causing rusty water in your bags (no big deal) AND rust run-off into your engine compartment whenever water gets in there.

Just trying to kill a dirty problem before it happens!
    We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion.

Robert J, not sure that one is going to fly. Yea, that board is still for sale. Why don't you just bite the bullet and get a react board?

Newty, I think the React guy, owner said I would snap his board in half while getting up. If you remember I am about the size of a Gravity 1 ballast bag and probably shaped like one as well.

Sorry, let me pick myself back off the floor... That was funny.
    The classic would work fine for you. Have them add an extra layer of glass and you will be fine. It will float you way better than the landlock. I hate for you to buy that and find that it doesn't work at all for you. I really don't think you will like it. It didn't really float me very well.

csmsk, i know that the different metals is not good-i should have added this is a temp set up as im looking for the brass pipeing, the store i was at did not have it and the galvanized was available at the time and cheap-
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Moombadaze - Thanks for the pictures and details! I was thinking of adding a Tsunami pump with the factory pump like you did but with the Tsunami feeding the opposite side of the gravity 3 manifold. My concern here is that the Tsunami will pump more than the factory (rule?) pump and they would work against each other on either the suction end or even the discharge end. When you filled your 750# with the new set-up were you also running the factory pump? Did you notice if the Tsunami suction works against the factory pump suction at all?

As far as the upgrading the drain pumps. I love to coast in at sunset with the pumps spraying out the sides. Crack a cold one and sit back and relax.....it's like having one of those back yard fountains. Ahhhh summer. Hopefully soon.

Jon, i'll try to answer.

Newty will be able to answer the 1st with the 2 pumps filling the gravity 3 system when the weather is better.

I did run both pumps at the same time to fill.

I am running 1" valves on the gravity 3 and a 1" hose to my surf bag that does not come off without cutting the hose off so as of right now i dont know if i lost volume or presure with the tsunami running at the same time. This morning i ordered the flyhigh 1" fittings to solve that. I am also headed to Ace hardware at lunch today to see about the brass tee and some other pvc fittings,

To help empty I bought a second 800gph tsunami pump yesterday at wallyworld and am going to add it to the 700gph pump allready in place, a couple of tee fittings and oneway valves and should empty in 5-6 minutes. Yes it should be a fountain
    Hey, Its Moomba time

13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Your Wally's has tsunami pumps? Amazing.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Wally just did some changes and they have a lot more stuff

Hey, Its Moomba time

13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold

Daze, you are correct. I WAS on that Marine modular. I had about 6 Marine Accessories that I was selling for my sister co. and the eliminated all brands but 1 (Atwood) obviously... Same thing happened to me on fishing accessories modular!
    Brad

2011 Launch 21V Sold... boatless replaced with a Jeep JKUR
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV sold
    2004 Outback sold