Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: new dash lights

It takes 30 minutes to install and about 28.00 for Led's LOOKS COOL
    I Think MOOMBA is Addicting

All over TEXAS west of I45! Living in Big Spring Texas.

That sounds great! I think I'm going to do it also. Does anyone know about any laws about what color lights you can have coming from the boat? I would think that it doesn't matter, but I would like to know before hand.

I had one not working. I was tired so I'll replace it tomorrow.

a02.jpg
    "Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem." -Ronald Reagan
    Yes, I will be a Marine until the day that I die.

Im thinking of installing some interior LED's but Im wondering how they are wired? I have two batteries in my 03 LSV with a battery separator. Do I just run the wires to my auxiliary battery?

hey guys,
    just replaced all my dash lights, except for one, w/ the blue leds .... for the life of me i can't locate the bulb for the RPM gauge to replace it ... there are so many damn wires ... i felt around and have no idea where it's at ... wtf? am i just missing something ... i'm sure it's me!

any ideas? i have all blue and one green (RPM) ... i need to locate this little b@stard ...

Did you try and pull the gauge all the way out of the dash and find it that way? I had to do a few of mine that way.
    "Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem." -Ronald Reagan
    Yes, I will be a Marine until the day that I die.

Default Thanks Chilly

I realize this thread is getting a bit old but I thought I'd post some pics after I installed my new courtesy/dash lights. Note that cameras and I do not get along so the photos are dead set ordinary. Thanks for posting this Chilly, the evening outings will have a great mood now with the increased lighting.

2009 Outback V

2009 Outback V

Aaroncat, how did you do the cup holders? What did you use and stuff like that?

For the cup holders I used these. These were on another thread here but I can't find it right now. If I do manage to find it I will link you to it.

They come rigged with a resistor already inline so that they can be wired up to 12V DC (i.e. the main battery) without having to do anything special. I just T'd into the courtesy lights using these t-splice connectors that you can get at any auto parts or hardware store.

These particular LED's sit perfectly on top of the drain hole on my 2009 Outback V cup holders without having to actually fix them to anything. I just popped the wires down through the hole T'd them into the courtesy lights and was done.
    2009 Outback V