Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: new dash lights

Default new dash lights

I replaced all the dash lights with LED's from superbrightleds.com
    I used the WLED-x6 LED blue. It was pretty easy. You just have to reach up under the dash and remove the black bulb holder, and swap the bulbs. The big ones take 2 bulbs the small ones only 1.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by chillyx; 02-24-2009 at 05:07 PM.
    Go Boat

Chilly - So this is a direct swap? No modification required? Just buy the bulb, remove the old, and replace? This I can do! Pretty nice. Thanks. - Deerfield
    2007 Outback - SOLD June 2016
    2012 RAM Crew Cab
    2015 Subaru Forester
    Stuart

"When you first start out with something new, you're always a little uptight." - Don Rickles

Smile

That looks really cool and shouldn't be too hard to do. How many gauges were you able to change out and does this include PP guage?My boat is buried in snow so theres no way to look yet ,but would be definetely interested when it warms up,if it ever does.

Thumbs up

chillyx , Can you tell me exsactly what you orderd im going to order the same for my LSV if they have my color that looks great !
    I Think MOOMBA is Addicting

Looks like you have the gage all the way out to put these in. I orderd 10 WLED-x6 amber cause all my other Leds are amber.When i got under dash it look like you have to unscrew the nuts on the bracket OR MAYBE NOT.

Very cool indeed, I'm definately going to do the blue on my gauges, thanks for the idea/part number!
    2013 Outback V

Default Part number

The part number for superbrightleds.com is WLED-x6 LED. I was able to do all the gauges except PP and our depth finder because it was already built in. I did take out one of the gauges because originally I was going to rearrange them, but that involved cutting wires and splicing them back together so I decided against it. I did the rest by just using a pair of tiny pliers the grab the back of the bulb housing. Its just a twist and pull. You have to be a contortionist to get to them but it can be done.
    Go Boat

Default Other lights

I did add some other accent lights to replace the courtesy lights in the rear. I also added two lights up front and two lights over the speakers in the rear. I'll try to get some better pictures later
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Go Boat

Well orderd my led's got them in today and installed them alot easier thnan i thought thanks for the tip !

Chillyx - Very nice. I have been wanting to add blue LEDs to my interior, but was actually hesistating due to the dash light colors. My 06 Mobius LSV has no interior lights. I plan to add some to the the cup holders, below the dash and if I get the nerve to drill holes into the fiberglasss around the interior. Any recommendations on what products to by from superbrightleds.com?